PDA

View Full Version : Vue Infinite

philhoole
03-12-2006, 01:02 AM
I have Vue Infinte as part of my LW9 upgrade and registered it with eon. My question is if I should be able to download Vue patches because when I try and download the latest one the eon site won't let me. The Vue Infinite package I have is registered as a LW/Infinte bundle package as opposed to a regular Infinte license which I suspect to be the problem.

Has anyone else managed to update their Infinte install ?

Thanks

Phil

LCA
03-12-2006, 01:13 AM
Phill I have the Vue/LW package and am able to update Vue with no issues.

Regards

Lindsay

philhoole
03-12-2006, 01:26 AM
Thanks for the quick reply Lindsay. When you updated (if you can remmeber !), did you go to the eon 'software updates' page and simply select 'Vue 5 Infinte' as the package to update. When I try to do that the web site tells me I haven't already registered and if I try to register I can only regsiter the 'Vue/Lightwave' bundle which appears to be different.

I'm going around in circles a bit !

I'll email eon I guess.

Phil

PentamiterBeast
03-12-2006, 02:04 AM
I registered for both vue and vue/lw bundle just to be sure, and both went trough fine. I've never downloaded the updates from the site posts though, as if you browse a lot of vue forums, you'll note that people have all sorts of problems with these "in-between" updates, lots of bugs. What generally appear to be better are the updates accessed from within vue itself.

philhoole
03-12-2006, 02:29 AM
Thanks PentamiterBeast,

I have fairly long experirence of eon software patches and them breaking more than they fix.:sad:

Thing is, I don't know how you registered for Vue (not LW bundle) and where you got the serial from because the eon site wants a number in the form INST-#####-#####-###-VUE5INF. When I use the numbers on my CD I simply cannot get the eon site to approve my numbers. It doesn't like them.

Guess I should email eon directly.

Phil

Megalodon
03-12-2006, 04:53 AM
Thing is, I don't know how you registered for Vue (not LW bundle) and where you got the serial from because the eon site wants a number in the form INST-#####-#####-###-VUE5INF.

The INST- numbering you can get by opening Vue5I, going to the Help>About button. You will see your INST number there.

Megalodon

KillMe
03-12-2006, 10:24 AM
different prob but wontbother witha new thread

i'm on vue 5 infinite v5.07-02 build 277255 - and got some plants off cornicopia thing but when i try and use them vue crashes and if i try and put them in a ecosystem they jsut dont appear - am i the only one with this prob or is it common and which version of the software is best?

Sequent
03-12-2006, 04:44 PM
Hmm, maybe I won't be much help here because it's been a while now... I think you need to go through one more level of registration before you're done. I think now you have your "installation number".... e.g. INST... and you have to register that number in order to get your final serial number.

It WAS confusing at the time. I know there was a lot of talk about the process here at CG as well... in the Vue forum. So try doing a search in there around the time that this update was first announced... which I think was in early Fall.

But... I do have the latest version and I can get updates, and I also get the cornucopia stuff all with no problems. I'll try to check here later and in the meantime see if I can come up with a more specific and more helpful response for you!

Sequent
03-12-2006, 05:00 PM
From the E-on Forum from a thread titled: E-on does not like Lightwave people?

So, it sounds like you still need to register with that INST number, which you can get from the "about" screen as Megaladon said.

1) When you install the LW Bundle version of Vue 5 infinite it will ask for your "LightWave Serial" - this number is *not* any numbers that you already know! Nor is it the "Pre-serial number prominantly displayed on the CD case. Instead look for another number, much smaller, under a barcode. It is a 10-digit number. Use this to start the installation.
2) To register the Vue5/LW bundle at e-on, use the "pre-serial number" from the CD Case.
3) E-on will respond with a third number: VUE5INF-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-nnnn. You need to enter this number when you first run Vue.
4) After entering the above number in Vue, the program will respond with another number in the form of INST-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxx-VUE5UNF. Go back to the e-on site and register the Vue 5 Infinite using this number. Now you will have access to the member forums and other restricted goodies.

CGTalk Moderation
03-12-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.