PDA

View Full Version : Scaling clusters or wire deformers

chocobo2k
03-10-2006, 07:26 PM
Hi, I have a character with wire deformers for the eye brows and I control the eye brow curve using clusters. I had to scale my character up so I detached the smooth bind but now when I try to scale the cluster or the wire deformer the curve get squashed. I managed to scale the curve by grouping it to itself but still whenever I move the cluster the curve get squashed. Is there a solution for this or I have to redo the wire deformer again.
thanks

animationrigs
03-11-2006, 07:58 PM
What are your clusters parented to, are you scaling that as well?

chocobo2k
03-12-2006, 08:40 AM
my clusters aren't parented to anything. But the clusters are used to drive the CVs of the NURBS curve which in turn used as a wire deformer for my poly model. The question is how how to scale them ?

yenvalmar
03-12-2006, 11:27 PM
grouping the clusters, and scaling that, as opposed to scaling the curve? i beleive if you parent the mesh and the clusters under the same group, and scale that group, it should work ok.

for that matter you shouldnt have to detatch your smooth bind.. if you make your rig properly, everything should be under a single node that you can scale, and itll scale the entire rig without anythnig messing up. i mean, thats a goal i personally shoot for at least :) although to be honest sometimes you just wind up cutting corners. but it helps a lot if you can make your rig scalable.

lucille
03-13-2006, 04:35 AM
a wire will deform only if it moves realative to its base. A simple way to gett this to
scale would be to bind both the wire and the base to the head joint. You might also
put a transform over the wire and base and parent that to the head. Turn your character
180 degrees and check your facial cluster set up--depending on your set up they may
be solving backwards...Just about any set up can be made scalable...if you build a non
scaling set up you can be sure some one will decide to scale it eventually--so you might
as well take the pain up front...good luck

CGTalk Moderation
03-13-2006, 04:35 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.