PDA

View Full Version : The wormhole

kilon
03-10-2006, 07:01 PM
This is my first 2D experiment in ZBrush. It is a wormhole already sucking a small gallaxy which is the yellow one in the right hand side. Wormholes are nothing more than two black holes connected by the same gravital forces. The theory says that they can be used as gateways but taking into consideration that even light cannot escape their gravity it will be very dangerous or even impossible to use. I hope you will enjoy this image....

The Wormhole (http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f180/TheKilon/Wormhole6.jpg)

* Wormhole Updated *
* 19/03/2006 *
* Wormhole * (http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f180/TheKilon/Wormhole10.jpg)

kilon
03-11-2006, 06:47 AM
Any comment ? Do you like it ?

aldog
03-11-2006, 08:07 AM
I've never used zbrush nor do I have anything to compare this to but it looks pretty impressive. the thing is the hole is just so sudden that it seems more like you made the image and then overlayed a black dot.
The rest of it's great and very mystical looking, maybe you could add in a bit of orange on the outside of the brightwhite/yellow to kind of blend it to the red. and i don't think the red should be expanding for so long, like it should drop to block a little faster and smoother. also in the bottom left there's a weird texture on that, kind of looks out of place
But like I said, very impressive I like the feel of it.

kilon
03-11-2006, 11:09 AM
Deleted message!!!

kilon
03-11-2006, 11:19 AM
Zbrush is like photoshop the only diffirence is with photoshop you can use a lot of effects to control the coloring in Zbrush you have more options with brushes and it is very powerful in giving a 3d look to your image.

How you dare saying that I overlayed a Black Dot! you insulting my artistic talent :cry: but I have to admit you are right (I actually overlayed a Black Dot) :hmm: I am going to fix that , it looks a bit sudden. And believe it or not I agree with the brightness of red :wip: it is a bit too much. What I try to achieve here is to show that there is some chemical reaction taking place in this red ring that is emitting light.

I tried to give a look of a big red nebula being comsumed by the wormhole to show the power of the wormhole. Actually at some stage I inteded to chage from a wormhole theme to A BIG BANG theme to illustrate the genesis of our little universe but I decided to leave this theme for when I will be more experienced.

Now here is The first version of my wormhole (http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f180/TheKilon/BlackHole.jpg) is anything you like to see from this image copied into my final version of the wormhole???

I love comments and critic do not be shy! motivate me....

aldog
03-11-2006, 08:10 PM
How you dare saying that I overlayed a Black Dot!

God I about swallowed my tongue when I read that. I'm glad you followed it up with " I love comments and critic do not be shy! motivate me...." PHEW!

I like your whole idea behind it can't wait to see a next version. was that link you posted an updated version?

kilon
03-11-2006, 10:25 PM
I am a funny guy what more can I say. The link is the first version of the wormhole so no it is not updated yet this (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=319736) is the reason why. It is diffirent project I am working on it is called Reptilious Lion Shark and yes it is a freak of nature. Take a look you might like it as well and before you know it I will invite you and anyone else with the a good comment for my work, for dinner in my house near the beach.... So come on ... come on do not be shy..... ;)

doodinator
03-11-2006, 10:44 PM
hmm... looks like you took a feather shaped brush to it a few times :P uh... not exactly my area of expertise (though i'd rather not think of the possibility that wormholes are *anyone's* area of drawing expertise), but i think maybe it shoudl be more swirly? and to fix the black dot problem, id suggest taking little streaks from the closest white and smudging it into the black to break up the solid border.

kilon
03-19-2006, 03:05 PM
Welcome to the Wormhole ....... it is going to be a bumpy ride so please keep your hands inside the vehicle at all time. :scream: :thumbsup:

I follow your advice , comment and creative critics to finish the Wormhole. Keep in mind that
i never wished to create a scientificaly correct wormhole instead I prefered a more exotic apporach, thus the wormhole may appear more static and still to many people than it should have been in reality with its emense gravity force that exercises even to things like light. I hope you will like it because if you do not that means all these days I spent working on it have been a waste :banghead: . So please comment and let me know what you think. :p

You can see The Wormhole here (http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f180/TheKilon/Wormhole10.jpg)

CGTalk Moderation
03-19-2006, 03:05 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.