PDA

View Full Version : Not a AE query...but a Premier one.

Squash-n-Stretch
03-10-2006, 06:32 PM
*I know it's not the right place but it's the closest I felt I could find. If a mod knows the right place, move it please. *

We've all seen those amazing VFS showreels. What I want to know is if there are tuts out there that help in drafting a really shit-hot showreel using Adobe Premier. Specifically I want to know how to 'peel away' the material of a model to reveal the mesh. I know it involves wiping two versions of the same animation beside each other, but how can I do that in Premier?

Thanx in advance.

scrimski
03-10-2006, 07:08 PM
Actually I got no idea how it is named in premiere, but it works the same way in every editing software: You need two clips with exact the same camera or object movement, the same point of view, camer settings etc. The only point where they are different is that one of them is a rendering without the material and the other is a rendering with the full textured material. Put them in a video track in a way they start and end the same time and dissolve, blend or wipe between them.
Since they absolutely match in movement and perspective the cut( or the blend in this case) creates the illusion of a disapaering material.

Squash-n-Stretch
03-10-2006, 07:11 PM
Yeah I'd figured out that bit ;P Thanks for the quick reply anyways mate!

beenyweenies
03-10-2006, 10:50 PM
*I know it's not the right place but it's the closest I felt I could find. If a mod knows the right place, move it please. *

We've all seen those amazing VFS showreels. What I want to know is if there are tuts out there that help in drafting a really shit-hot showreel using Adobe Premier. Specifically I want to know how to 'peel away' the material of a model to reveal the mesh. I know it involves wiping two versions of the same animation beside each other, but how can I do that in Premier?

Thanx in advance.

A decent approach is to use a mask to reveal the underlying object rather than doing a simple dissolve. This way you can control what part of the underlying object is revealed and when.

I'm not certain how to use masks in Premiere, but there's gotta be a way. Read the help files

Squash-n-Stretch
03-21-2006, 02:49 PM
Now I have another problem. Whenever I download a reel from here it plays perfectly; but my reel, if it is in Quicktime it stalls repeatedly while trying to load, and the window's avi is of horrendous quality. I can't really expect the company the reel is going to to have any other codecs etc. How can I get better quality from my avi or a smooth run from my Quicktime reel if they have been made in Premier?

Thanx in Advance.

CGTalk Moderation
03-21-2006, 02:49 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.