PDA

View Full Version : ZBrush ---Maya Question

ArtbyBpc
03-10-2006, 04:09 AM
Hello. I am semi-new to using maya and really new to using zbrush. I have a model I did in maya and want to bring it into Zbrush for some sculpting and then back for renderiing. I have a few questions that maybe someone out there can ansewer.

1. Do I have to lay out UV's before I import my model into zbrush to make use of the Displacement maps that I produce in Zbrush, or can I lay out UV's after? Do Displacement or Normal maps even effect the UV's at all? (I plan on Texturing in Photoshop, that is the reason I ask)

2. Can I render displacement maps in Maya Software Renderer or do they HAVE TO be rendered in Mental Ray. Although Mental Ray is a GREAT renderer, the renders do take a long time....sometimes too long to meet deadlines unfortunately

Thanks for all your help in advance!

Andreseloy
03-10-2006, 08:06 AM
Look at ZBrush Central forum classroom there is a Maya ZBrush pipeline.

Andreseloy

Beanmaster
03-10-2006, 08:28 AM
Hi,

1. Hi, you don't have to layout the Uvs before but it could be better if you want to do the
entire texture process in Photoshop. AUV or GUV UV coordinates are nearly impossible to paint on.
I suggest you try out the ZApplink plugin to switch between Photoshop and ZBrush, it's great.

2. Yes you can use the Maya Software Renderer. In the attributes of an object you find the displacement options. Those are for the Software Renderer.

CGTalk Moderation
03-10-2006, 08:28 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.