PDA

View Full Version : Congrats

Rogue
12-16-2002, 11:45 PM
Well, it appears that it is over, so I will no longer be silent (got in trouble the last time I said anything before a contest was over......)

Congrats to everyone that entered. Getting an animation DONE is an accomplishment in itself. It was fun and educational for me, and hopefully everyone else as well.

Special congrats to Magarnigal who had the biggest score!! Great job man, a very deserving animation. Showed that jschleifer guy....just joking Jason. :)

Looking forward to the next competition.

jschleifer
12-17-2002, 12:39 AM
Haha! :)

Nice work Magarnigal! fantastic animation.. very well done & executed! And a big "up" to everyone who entered and completed.. not easy to do!

Next time, everybody finishes.. right? right? <grin>

cheers ya'll!
-jason

Magarnigal
12-18-2002, 03:35 AM
cheers guys! And yes a big well done to everyone who entered, this was a great start to the animation challenges.

Now everyone get rested over Christmas and come back psyched and inspired for the January competition! :)

-mag

bentllama
12-18-2002, 04:14 AM
CONGRATS!

I want to say thank you to all that participated.

...as Magarnigal said, get your rest ladies and gents so you can hit the January challenge head on!

[and yes Jason, next time everyone finishes :)]

LichiMan
12-18-2002, 12:30 PM
Hey... Congrats to all people who finished the animation. Great work guys!!

Magarnigal: your animation is cool and funny, I hope see you in the next challenge.

I love the bentllama Character, where can we see the final animation? :cry:

I've learned a lot from Jason, THANKS! And your animation....is... is... you know :beer:

And rogue, your animation is great... the camara placement, the clear poses... great!

So... CONGRATS FOR ALL AND HAPPY "THE TWO TOWERS" DAY :D

mo_pic
12-18-2002, 07:40 PM
Not everybody is satisfied.
I finished the animation, posted updates, the storyboard and... nothing.:hmm:
Only Rogue had a few comments to the animation.
Guess what? His reply was one of the missing posts.
Did I learn anything? Nothing I couldn’t learn on my own.

Nevertheless if time allows I will participate in the next challenge.

Stephen Vyas
12-18-2002, 09:06 PM
Sorry to hear that Mo_pic, I'll be sure to comment on your work next time :thumbsup:

As for me, well I learnt and a ton.. Nothin like a fun and friendly challenge between friends right?... I'm wondering tho, how the competition will progress into the second challenge. Will certain criteria be changed or will it stay the same with a new topic? It should be interesting to see, one things for sure tho.... you can count me in....
CONGRATS to all who finished!!! (You better all be in the next one or else!:p

Cheers
Steve

maelstrom
12-19-2002, 12:55 PM
congrats to all of you guys! :applause:

we have a worthy winner.
this was the first animation i did and it has been a lot of fun! i hope i manage to participate in the january contest too...

Nemises
12-25-2002, 10:48 PM
Me too..
I'm glad I participated, and even though the end result wasn't what I was hoping, I learnt a lot...
Its the first time I've really approached animation, and I found it quite facinating :) ..
I'm definately in the next comp...I hope thay keep it a similar format (no textures or ligting or sound), if simply to keep it achievable to those of us with 2 jobs ;)

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.