PDA

View Full Version : Character: meteor ----- finished

gL_spear
12-16-2002, 11:05 PM
http://homepage.eircom.net/~glsphere/meteor10.jpg

Hi all, been busy working on alllloooott of other stuff, finally got around to finishing this guy which i started a few months ago...

Flog
12-16-2002, 11:11 PM
I opened this post up thinking how stupid it is for someone to model a meteor. What kinda crap is that? I get sick of all the cars modelled on here, bleh!! And now a stinkin meteor.

Then I saw this Meteor, wow!!! Made me meteor in my pants!! HEHEHE, great great work and character concept. I really think this is very unique. Love the character. See him as a slave driver for the Horde or something. I don't know. Any stories you working on?
Below are my expressions when seeing this post
Meteor? :shrug: What kinda crap is that?:shame: For making a meteor.
:eek: WOW!!!
:applause: :thumbsup:
:D Oops I dropped a meteor, bleh it smells now!!
What a great :lightbulb

CarlCampbell
12-16-2002, 11:18 PM
WOWEE! Dude, you should chande your post name! Even just to go by forum rules to better define what you wanna show here. On the other hand, loads of people are gonna pass seeing this because its called "meteor"! Change it to "character = meteor" for you own good! :applause:

Carl :beer:

gL_spear
12-16-2002, 11:28 PM
Thanks for the excellent advise guys, I think 'Meteor' would really put people off viewing this thread ;)

CarlCampbell
12-16-2002, 11:33 PM
Got carried away with the title so I forgot to crit... Erm, the hands, I think they look too small for his proportions. I mean, they could be correct, but his body suggests stronger and therefor bigger hands. I bet he jabs that knife quite often...

gL_spear
12-16-2002, 11:34 PM
I tried to change the name of the thread to 'Character: Meteor' but it doesn't update....:annoyed:

E.Z. Schwartz
12-17-2002, 12:08 AM
That's really good. It just seams like his elbow pits aren't right. He reminds me of Milly Vanilly for some reason ? Awsome model though. I like :thumbsup:

Ezra

huh?
12-17-2002, 12:09 AM
hey I agree with Betty here,

I also thought what the..who the...*** would post a model of a meteor here?
Came in for a laugh.. but this some serious butkicking meteor you got there.

Would love to see it flying through the atmosphere. As long as it lands far from where I live.

:applause:

SheepFactory
12-17-2002, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by gL_spear
Thanks for the excellent advise guys, I think 'Meteor' would really put people off viewing this thread ;)

I am correcting the name for this once , please read the gallery rules before posting a new thread.

We delete the threads that dont abide the rules.

very nice character.

Pentagramma
12-17-2002, 12:49 AM
Hey! Great character.

I also fell for the "meteor" thing. Actually, as the title was already corrected to "Character - meteor" , I was thinking about burning rocks with faces, and all that.

Anyway, very nice. Could you post a wire image? And, maybe some close-ups... ;)

stickyblue
12-17-2002, 06:22 AM
yea wireframe would be nice

AWESOME CHARACTER dude :) :thumbsup:

gL_spear
12-18-2002, 07:40 PM
Thanks 'Sheep Factory'.... will post a wireframe soon, I'm putting the finishing touch to my website which i'll be posting in the 'flash' section of 'cgtalk,' be back soon....

EighthDecay
12-18-2002, 07:43 PM
Thats pretty cool looking, like the details, kinda wish to see more of a close-up of his upper torso and head area.

gL_spear
12-18-2002, 07:49 PM
I showed it to a friend and he suggested doing a version of him with the mask only half attached as in hanging down, to see his mouth, i'll post a that later with a close up version as well.

gL_spear
12-22-2002, 04:14 PM
here's some more close up detailed images for those that requested them. plus i've made his mask hang down to see more of his face.

http://homepage.eircom.net/~glsphere/meteor11.jpg
http://homepage.eircom.net/~glsphere/meteor12.jpg

CarlCampbell
12-22-2002, 04:27 PM
Eeeexcellent! Can't wait to see him textured! :thumbsup:

g3n
12-22-2002, 07:08 PM
awesome, 1 of the coolest models i have seen in a while, cant wait to see the textures :buttrock:

ironbearxl
12-22-2002, 08:08 PM
Hey how about making that round section on the front of his mask transparent like a goggle lens?
I agree with the comment about the elbow pits, they can use some more modeling there.
For some reason I think he belongs to the Unreal universe?
Is he a good guy?

TheWraith
12-22-2002, 09:44 PM
something about the head seems wrong to me. i think maybe its just that the upper body armer he's wearing seems so tight i can't see how he got his head through it. and it doesn't look like it's 2 peices latched together so it seems impossible to put on. and again with the armor, it looks so tight and restrictive in the neck area, it seems a little too uncomfortable to want to wear. doesn't look like he has enough room to turn his head from side to side, especially when he has his mask on.

other then those things, design seems great. nice job so far

Vladvrz
12-23-2002, 12:01 PM
looks pretty good. A little bulky,needs somemore details. But still a good job. Wireframes would be nice as mentioned above.:beer:

NelsonInomvan
12-23-2002, 12:25 PM
gL_spear your work really wonderful, i mean all the nice little details you made are very good. Can you please post some wireframe pic of his hands ? I don't any crits for you exept the arms maybe would look much better if you make them more detailed. I mean more stronger, you see when you look at the head the first thing that comes into your mind is "man this guy is tough"

BTW where are the textures ? The model rocks :buttrock: :airguitar :buttrock:

the_real_cabal
12-23-2002, 01:05 PM
great :) i like such heavy armored guys :)

greetings cabal

p.s. do some postapocalyptical background to the character :)

CJ
12-26-2002, 02:54 AM
:buttrock: Meteor! The face/hair kinda reminds me of the comic character "Pitt" hehe.

The only crits I have were already stated before me hehe the elbow pit and bigger hands needed I think.

Can't wait to see more!

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.