PDA

View Full Version : rigging my backbone

krolichka
03-09-2006, 06:17 PM
hi

i modeled a dino today and now i want to rig my backbone. how shall i do that? shall i put an ikhandle from the hip to the ankle or from hip to the ball of the foot? and if i put it on the ball of the foot, how can i move my ik effector to the ankle? any advice how to rig this dinos backbone would be appreciated!

krolichka

Dichotomy
03-11-2006, 02:20 AM
I would put the ik from the hip to the ankle, and leave the effector at the ankle. If you want to move the effector, just select it (graph the ik in the hypergraph and you can see it, hit insert and move it). I think that the knee is more important to have the ik on than the ankle. I would, though, use SC ik's from the ankle to ball and ball to toe.

ashishdantu
03-11-2006, 05:01 AM
hi ,

just like dichotomy said, u can have IK from hip to the ankle...and then put SC ik from the ankle to ball.. and another one from the ball to the toe..

u can try this.. once u hav the IKs in place, parent them under a common say FUT_CTRL.. then when u move the ctrl, u get the whole leg movement.. and then u can group each of the SC IK and pivot these grps at the previous bone... n parent these grps also under the FUT_CTRL...

so u move the ctrl, u get the leg movement...and u can also rotate the individual grps.. to get localized control on the ankle-ball - toe areas. u can setdriven them to special needs like sitting.. poses...etc..

-rgds,

CGTalk Moderation
03-11-2006, 05:01 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.