PDA

View Full Version : Syntheyes Test

plsyvjeucxfw
03-09-2006, 07:01 PM
Downloaded some files last night from Andersson Technologies, LLC., the folks who make the Syntheyes 3D tracking software. The files were - an .avi of a helicopter fly over, an .obj file of the exported tracking markers, and an EIAS camera motion export .obm file.

Ran the .obj through OBJ2FACT2, then began a new file. Added the newly converted .fac model, imported the camera motion, and to my delight, saw the EI camera move to it's new location. Dumped in an UberShape torus and rendered.

http://home.comcast.net/~787kfillmore/images/syntheyes_test.mov

Wow! Fast easy 3D tracking.

Please remember that I'm an enthusiastic, if somewhat under trained hobbyist. Didn't read any manuals or help guides, just did what felt right with the file imports and got everything working in short order. I'm impressed with this technology and will be looking into adding this to my tool set. :beer:

Reuben5150
03-10-2006, 12:04 AM
Cool!, i was thinking about getting syntheyes since it now supports Particleillusion and of cause EI, not sure if i'd actually use it for camera tracking though, so it becomes a rather expensive solution :shrug:

Reuben

CGTalk Moderation
03-10-2006, 12:04 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.