PDA

View Full Version : Creating Hot Keys in AE 7?

Rabid1
03-09-2006, 05:43 PM
Hello,

Does anyone know any good tutorials or suggestions for creating hot keys in AE 7? I'm running into many tedious tasks that could be sped up greatly if I could only create a shortcut. I know adobe generally doesn't leave a lot of room for this, but I thought maybe one of the gurus here might know a thing or two about it.

Thanks for your help!

Mylenium
03-09-2006, 05:55 PM
Hello,

Does anyone know any good tutorials or suggestions for creating hot keys in AE 7? I'm running into many tedious tasks that could be sped up greatly if I could only create a shortcut. I know adobe generally doesn't leave a lot of room for this, but I thought maybe one of the gurus here might know a thing or two about it.

Thanks for your help!

No way. You can manually hack the keyboard shortcut preference file to your heart's content, but that's about it. Since you cannot assign hotkeys to scripts, there's no way to have automated command sequences running at the push of a key. Scripts can have paletees and buttons, though, so you might wanna create a script launchhing palette (which itself could be a startup script so it's always launched automatically) to ease the pain a bit.

Mylenium

Rabid1
03-09-2006, 08:43 PM
I thought that might be the case....oh well. That's a good suggestion though, I'll give the script a try sometime. Thanks Mylenium

CGTalk Moderation
03-09-2006, 08:43 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.