PDA

View Full Version : Matte: Cathedral on the shore

Elessar
03-09-2006, 02:43 PM
This matte is already in a final stage so the stuff I can change is relatively few, anyway I'd like you to make some critic about it to help me improve the whole picture.

Thanks... I hope you like it!

http://www.lkgraphics.it/website/hires/lighthouse/lighthouse20.jpg

Gnowoga
03-09-2006, 03:04 PM
Firstly, I would like to say that it looks quite spectacular. However, my personal opinion would be to add a bit more contrast in the clouds. I feel that the sky looks a bit flat as of now. I am especially talking about the upper parts of the image.

The road looks absolutely excellent. Great work!

ceresz
03-09-2006, 03:34 PM
This looks awesome, keep it up!

aldog
03-09-2006, 04:07 PM
The trail in the foreground looks superrealistic while other parts of the background don't seem to have much detail, I realize there's a focus issue but that's just the first thing that came to mind. The cathedral itself looks stunning though.

jackie66
03-09-2006, 10:08 PM
This looks really well done, however, my eye seems to be drawn to that dark cloud splotch on the left. Maybe if you lighten up the sky a bit, it will be easier on the eyes.
Jackie.

jackie66
03-09-2006, 10:11 PM
This looks really well done, however, my eye is drawn to the dark cloud on the left. I think the composition would work better if you lightened it up a little, but also not to much as to unbalance it with the clifts on the far right. Hope you can understand me...

opps... sorry bout this double post here...

Gnowoga
03-10-2006, 04:59 PM
I also noticed that the shadow falling on the road suddenly stopped. Perhaps make a smoother transition there.

Elessar
03-13-2006, 11:49 AM
Thanks for the replies, I've tryied to follow your indications. This is another update, I've fixed something in the lighting and added details.

http://www.lkgraphics.it/website/hires/lighthouse/lighthouse26.jpg

Darkvision
03-13-2006, 01:29 PM
There's something odd with the trees.. Otherwise it's great. :D

SylvanMist
03-13-2006, 01:38 PM
wow, looking great. The only thing that looks odd imo, is the rock trail on the right. It looks like it gets too small, too fast. I'm no pro on perspective though, maybe that is how it should be. It just looks odd though.

jmBoekestein
03-13-2006, 03:23 PM
I can't say I'd be able to do this myself. But it looks like you could add textures on ujst about everything using your shading skills, which are really good, I love it, it's beautiful. With the texture on top this would look very realistic.
Easthetically I can't say I disike the attention focus you built up, guess it's taste or something. :)

:thumbsup: ... :eek:

edit: to clarify my ramblings :rolleyes: , Iwas thinking about using photographic textures on top and blended with transparency and colour correction etc... heh... hope that helps :)

CGTalk Moderation
03-13-2006, 03:23 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.