PDA

View Full Version : blendshape problem

CnexS
03-09-2006, 08:16 AM
Hi all.
got this problem with blendshapes, i've created my shapes connected them to the mesh and everything works fine.. untill I started rotating my bones, with a blend active.

first image shows what the blend is supposed to do.. everything looks good
http://medieteknik.bth.se/daportal/normal.jpg

and now.. all ive done is rotating the head back.. so that he loooks up into the sky.

http://medieteknik.bth.se/daportal/wierd.jpg

as you can see, his eyelid has gone into the head... if I rotate forward his eyelid will go outwards away from the eye... the same stuff happens with all the other blendshapes.

note: I have removed all the blendshape meshes.

dunkelzahn
03-09-2006, 09:56 AM
Weird!

Could be because of several things:

-Maybe your deformations are not in the right order. You have the skinning and the blend shape, maybe they get muddled up. Select your character, do a RMB and select Inputs-->All Inputs. You now get a window, where your deformation inputs are shown. Swap blend shape and skinning by doing a MMB and dragging the deformations to where you want to have them.

-Could be, that your blend shapeīs history wasnīt similar to your character mesh. If everything fails, reload your blend shape geometry, do a Delete by Type--> Non-Deformer History and recreate blend shapes.

-Maybe your eyes arenīt properly constrained, so when your head moves around they move as well but arenīt really constrained to the eye sockets.

My best bet would the order of deformations, try looking at that and post a screenshot, so we can have a look at that.

Good luck

Chris

CnexS
03-09-2006, 02:57 PM
changing the deformation input order did it... thx man..

dunkelzahn
03-09-2006, 03:18 PM
All in a days work, mate! :)

GeoffClark
03-18-2006, 06:06 PM
Dunkelzahn,

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! This is an awesome tip. not just for blendshapes but for other wonky mesh issues!!!

THANK YOU!!
-Geoff :}

CGTalk Moderation
03-18-2006, 06:06 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.