PDA

View Full Version : Still: (dunno how to call it)

-=SunDoWneR=-
12-16-2002, 08:17 PM
HI,...

I made this picture in Maya and edited it in Photoshop.

...should be a poster !

lordmachuca
12-17-2002, 02:08 AM
call lame sphere with photoshop filters and transparent lighting
:beer:

booboo4ever
12-17-2002, 02:38 AM
i think you can take your idea to a much different level, but i don't agree with just making obnoxious comments . . .

some things i would suggest thinking about:

1) how can you use a sphere in a way that is different, unique, and creative, if you really wanna use it as your object of focus

2) how can you use photoshop filters in a new and creative way

3) think about composition - right now the sphere is dead center, not very exciting

4) think about color - i do not think your current choice of color is working as well as it could

so, no, i do not think this is anything i would call fantastic. but, what can you do with your initial idea to make it fantastic . . . is up to you

-=SunDoWneR=-
12-21-2002, 07:45 PM
=)))

this is actual a X-Mas present 4 my mom =) so i made it in quite a short time !!!

to the 1st dude, ... in photoshop, i've brought 2 filters in the scene, ... !!! rest done in Maya (texturing, lightning), ... so, ... :annoyed:S.+.F.u.:annoyed: !!!!!

2nd, ... thxX 4 comment, ... im new 2 photoshop :arteest: , so i just took the standart filters with standart presets! , .. but i'll think about yer impressions !

cYA

Indavisual
12-22-2002, 07:41 AM
Be nice to newbies. :shame:

As for the artist, I think you need to develop your idea more before you make something. I too have made things like this when I first started. Be honest, you were either throwing something simple together for your mom, or you were messing around putting in random objects that you thoguht would look cool, or you were testing out a few plug ins and tools. These were usually the reasons I made things like this in the begining.

If your going to criticize than at least make it constructive. :wip:

-=SunDoWneR=-
12-22-2002, 01:59 PM
u totally brought it to point !!!

gooD reply !!!

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.