PDA

View Full Version : fog smog in photoshop

victorthcleaner
12-16-2002, 06:25 PM
does anyone happen to be a master fog-maker in photoshop? If anyone's ever created fog in PS i'd greatly appreciate some tips, i don't have PS & the last time i used it was a fair few months back so if it is an abvious thing i apologise in advance, i have nothing to go by. I do however plan to use PS at some time in the near future to add lighting & some smog FX to a coloured pencil drawing i've done. I'm thinking along the lines of real light smog, the sort that hangs around urban centres at dusk & only really becomes visible in the immediate vicinity of a streetlamp.

Like i said, any help would be greatly appreciated, you may even be rewarded with a look at the picture you helped me out on!!!! *notwithstanding due to non-existant nature of scanner*

V >> you know it's worth it really :beer:

Clondike7
12-17-2002, 02:30 AM
There are a couple of ways to do this.
I recommend duplicating the layer and making the smoke/fog with either a very light airbrush or using the dodge tool, then if u get too much consistency in the color use the blur, smudge and burn tools to change them. Then add a vector mask and reveal it all, that should pretty much do it.

thecrow
12-17-2002, 08:00 PM
after your pic is done... make a new layer...i uses a rock..yep a big A$$ rock i found out side...make it my top layer...then make it almost trasparent.....then soft erase in spots....mess with the curves.... do over unitl it is right......
-Crow

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.