View Full Version : Complete Nasa Seals Movie Now Online

proton
03-08-2006, 07:52 PM
Complete Nasa Seals Movie Now Online:
http://www.daveschool.com/MoviePages/NasaSeals/SealsPreviewer.htm

Simon
03-08-2006, 08:08 PM
Downloading!!!

Edit: Haha cool. I like it. Is that all using lightwave right?

Dennik
03-08-2006, 08:31 PM
Very enjoyable movie to watch. Those guys are very talented not only in their art but also in performing in front of the camera!
I'm glad we have one of their crew on board. :)

enygma
03-08-2006, 09:12 PM
That was very fun to watch. Good job to the students that put that one together. Loved it.

strangelife
03-08-2006, 09:55 PM
Blowing up the Disney castle is mean, but what's a dirty space alien to do? That was an entertaining watch. Good job guys!

proton
03-08-2006, 11:36 PM
Downloading!!!

Edit: Haha cool. I like it. Is that all using lightwave right?

LightWave for 3d and Nuke for compositing...little bit of After Effects as well.

Simon
03-08-2006, 11:44 PM
LightWave for 3d and Nuke for compositing...little bit of After Effects as well.

Cool. My friend showed me the new features in 9 and I checked out the new videos today, I'm really liking the node editor, lightwaves been begging for that. Although I really think Lw could do with a strong U.S.P.

Bulldog
03-08-2006, 11:57 PM
yawn...

I am sorry to rain on the parade but this was on par with star wars fan films on originality. i dont understand this , with all the talent and resources in US nobody can come up with a half decent student film that can rival what is coming out of schools like gobelins and supinfocom.

This is not to put down the crew who worked on it , they are obviously very talented and congratulations on finishing the movie. I just wish they had better direction at the helm.

Also it would be great if this thread doesnt turn into a LW brochure and stay focused on the film.

BookMansBlues
03-09-2006, 12:14 AM
yawn...

I am sorry to rain on the parade but this was on par with star wars fan films on originality. i dont understand this , with all the talent and resources in US nobody can come up with a half decent student film that can rival what is coming out of schools like gobelins and supinfocom.

This is not to put down the crew who worked on it , they are obviously very talented and congratulations on finishing the movie. I just wish they had better direction at the helm.

Also it would be great if this thread doesnt turn into a LW brochure and stay focused on the film.

Well to be fair, it's a student production done to be useful to the students not so much to be shown as the greatest movie ever made. It's the quality of work thats important, and most of it is pretty good. Most projects you see done by schools isn't nearly as good as this.

Prevenge
03-09-2006, 12:26 AM
yea it's a visual effects student project. :thumbsup:

edit: hey thanks Dennik!

js33
03-09-2006, 01:31 AM
Hey that was pretty good. Along the lines of Firefly. Actually that was more entertaining than most of the stuff on TV. :thumbsup:

ntmonkey
03-09-2006, 09:16 PM
Just watched it. Great stuff guys. Hope you guys had a lot of fun putting all that together. :)

-Lu

RobertoOrtiz
03-10-2006, 03:47 PM
Hey Proton, that was awesome work.

Do you guys have have any making of videos?
Or character/ model designs.

Thanks!
-R

CGTalk Moderation
03-10-2006, 03:47 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.