PDA

View Full Version : alpha's & sky volumetrics

rikke
03-08-2006, 06:08 PM
I'm rendering a scene which has an alpha image on a plane. I've noticed that the plane's edges get visible in combination with volumetric lights. Easily fixed by excluding the plane from the lightsource, but now I'm taking my first steps in exploring the sky feature, and -as expexcted- the volumetric fog has the same problem. But since this is no real lightsource, how do I exclude this from my alpha plane?? Fiddling with comp tags didn't do it for me...

jsls
03-08-2006, 06:35 PM
I have had that happen to me when there is transparency and alpha's + a sky object. I have not figured out what is causing it...so I ended up using a large sphere in place of a sky object and that worked, that might not be suitable for all scenerios, but its a start.

rikke
03-09-2006, 08:10 AM
I know exaclty what you mean jsls, I've had that problem too. It happens when you render GI + alpha's that stand directly against a sky object, with no objects between them. Using a sphere instead is the way to go.

But this is something different, the alpha's edges appear because of the visible/volumetric lights (in this case: fog) created by the sky feature. I have no idea on how to stop the sky from interfering the alpha plane.

rikke
03-11-2006, 11:12 AM
anyone? :sad:

CGTalk Moderation
03-11-2006, 11:12 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.