PDA

View Full Version : Who can give me some suggestions?

babysorry
03-08-2006, 05:42 PM
http://chenxin198517.bokee.com/inc/%B3%E1%B0%F2.jpg

Sorry my English is not very good~:)

This is a painting of my girl friend.She likes to paint and works hard very much of draw.perhaps is because of she is in the painting not just and very mature, the personal interview failure of a time let her lose the confidence gradually,( at we related work in this place is also quite a little) She wants to study, but this income that outran us bears the ability.There are a lot of painting masters here and like the person of the painting, I hope anyone gives her some suggestions of painting on this thread. Moreover, I need to look for some suggestions, how to let her refind back the confidence? Continue her dream.

I like this forum very much, I can find out a lot of excellent works to study for her here, Very thankful.

aldog
03-09-2006, 02:22 PM
I'd just like to say that this looks great, I hope your girlfriend keeps drawing until she's where she wants to be. My friend has kind of went through that same thing, where she would compare herself to some very well known artists that have been around for decades (i.e. geiger(sp?)) but she's finally realized that she is good at what she does and has just been working hard at it.

As far as tips for the painting I'm not sure really.
I think the background and the girl are very light, for how dark the mountain is. it just looks strange and maybe she should be darker
I like her style so that's about my only critique

babysorry
03-09-2006, 05:03 PM
Thank a lot your reply.
She works hard very, I feel her motion very low to fall in this painting. I try to comfort her but did not rise the function
I think that I should take she comes to here, hoping that she can have the realization.
Thankful again.

ThePhotographer
03-10-2006, 08:36 PM
If it was my painting, I would cut some of it off to the left side with only a small distance between the image border and the wing.

Then I would perhaps paint some distant mountains and some small houses in the right side of the image. Far away - pale colors ....

Aloriael
03-10-2006, 10:28 PM
http://www.wacom.com/productinfo/images/600x500_6x11.jpg
get her one of those if she doesn't have one already... Intuos3 6x11

Her painting gives me the message that she's not happy inside.
Maybe it's not her dream that needs help, it's something deeper that needs help.

CGTalk Moderation
03-10-2006, 10:28 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.