PDA

View Full Version : flash mx2004 to AE...having problems

andrewjohn81
03-08-2006, 06:38 PM
I have some files that i want to change ther perspective of. Keeping things vector will keep the quality higher. This is why I want to do this. i say that because people have asked this question before, but it didn't answer my question and those threads are closed. But someone jumped on one guy about flash being for web.

I just want to keep the vector information in the animation. That's why i want the flash.

I believe AE will only import older versions of swf? I exported version 5 and it DID import, but it's just plain old black.

I don't really know much about flash so i may need a little extra help. I used it in school, but just to do frame by frame animations and a few buttons. I had a sucky teacher for that class.

Does anyone know why I could import it, but it would just be black?

Mylenium
03-08-2006, 08:04 PM
I have some files that i want to change ther perspective of. Keeping things vector will keep the quality higher. This is why I want to do this. i say that because people have asked this question before, but it didn't answer my question and those threads are closed. But someone jumped on one guy about flash being for web.

I just want to keep the vector information in the animation. That's why i want the flash.

I believe AE will only import older versions of swf? I exported version 5 and it DID import, but it's just plain old black.

I don't really know much about flash so i may need a little extra help. I used it in school, but just to do frame by frame animations and a few buttons. I had a sucky teacher for that class.

Does anyone know why I could import it, but it would just be black?

Perhaps you used a feature in the animation that is not supported in Flash 5 (blend modes, multiple scenes...) and it screwed the file on export.

Mylenium

2a03
03-08-2006, 08:06 PM
I do a lot of character animation in flash than I import into AE and this is how I do it....

Export an .ai image sequence from flash then import it into AE... when its in AE make sure to click the continuous rasterization button so the file will stay clean while scaling...

If you have tons of grfx and text flying around in your flash file this probably won't get the job done but if the material is pretty simple you shouldnt have any problem this way.

andrewjohn81
03-09-2006, 01:12 PM
I didn't create the flash file so it very well could have blend modes and it certainly looks like there are multiple scenes, so that's probably it for this one.

I'll try exporting as an illistrator sequence after I get that fixed.

Cant you do continuous rasterization with an swf too? I mean, it's vector too, so why couldn't you?

CGTalk Moderation
03-09-2006, 01:12 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.