PDA

View Full Version : Help ASAP environment map

ledwards
03-08-2006, 01:58 PM
Hi,
Sorry a basic question I'm afraid.
I have a scene set up and I'm using an HRDI in the environment map slot and the Skylight colour slot. When I render it I see the HDRI in the background but I don't want to, it still needs to make my scene get reflections from it though. I'm sure there must be a way to not allow it to be rendered but I just can't think of it.

Many thanks

Lucy

saiko
03-09-2006, 11:42 AM
there are many ways of doing what u want...

U can save the rendered image as PNG (or any other format supporting tranparency)...then open it in photoshop..
Bingo!! u don't have the background HDRI!!

Let met know if it worked...

cheers..
saiko
:)

joconnell
03-09-2006, 12:36 PM
Heya lucy - stick this type of thing in the main forum for starters. Depending on which renderer you use there's a few options. One that works in all of them though is to make a big sphere that surrounds your scene, make a material with the hdri map in the diffuse and 100% self illumination. You'll need to set your mapping appropriately for the type of hdri map you're using. Thankfully you get the benefit of being able to turn on your hdri map in the background so you can see where the main points of light are in it.

Once you have it set up, right click on the object and choose properties. Turn the object off to visible to camera and cast and recieve shadows. It'll be visible to object reflections and still cast light but it won't be visible in the render.

CGTalk Moderation
03-09-2006, 12:36 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.