PDA

View Full Version : How does the ZBrush licensing work?

Bliz
03-08-2006, 02:54 PM
Hi,

I haven't bought ZBrush yet but I'm sold on it and am very close to buying but I have two PC's, my main workstation and a laptop and wonder if I'll be able to legally use ZBrush on both?

I have Lightwave which uses a USB dongle so I can either use it on my laptop or my workstation machine. If I buy ZBrush will I have to decide to install it on one machine or the other i.e. is it node locked to the machine's MAC address?

DorisDay
03-08-2006, 05:30 PM
I believe you'll have to decide which machine you want it on as 1 license is exactly that...

Ludren.
03-08-2006, 06:57 PM
ZBrush 2 is for 2 PCs. No Problem with Workstation and Laptop. :thumbsup:

marcus-civis
03-08-2006, 07:03 PM
Yes, basically it is for a 'work' one and a 'home' one but you can't use both at the same time.

2.1 Home Use. You, as the primary user of the computer on which the Software
is installed, may also install the Software on one of your home computers.
However, the Software may not be used on your home computer at the same time
the Software on the primary computer is being used.

DorisDay
03-09-2006, 08:44 AM
How random is that, you can't use both PC's at once???

I never knew this so thanks for the info, even if it is 2 1/2 years late...:bounce:

Crusoe the Painter
03-10-2006, 03:57 PM
I think that's to try and stop 2 seperate people from using software licensed to just 1 person. :)

But it is a silly restriction. They could just say "While you can install the software to multiple computers, the license applies to just one person, and that person may be the only person to use the software. You can use both at the same time if you want. If you do, we'd like to see the pictures of how it's done."

Same effect as preventing multiple users of one license, much more humorous. :)

DaedraLord
03-12-2006, 09:01 PM
How random is that, you can't use both PC's at once???

I never knew this so thanks for the info, even if it is 2 1/2 years late...:bounce:

what are they gonna be able to see that your using both at once?
omg! this person is using zbrush on two pcs at the same time! arrest him!

JeremyJessup
03-16-2006, 02:10 AM
Does anyone know how to set that up? I installed ZBrush2 to my laptop, but when I try to install it on the Workstation system it tells me that the license has already been used. I did read in the License agreement that you could install on a desktop and laptop so long as you don't use it on both at the same time, but it doesn't seem to let you install the second instance of the program.

The license agreement says "2.1 Home Use. You, as the primary user of the computer on which the Software is installed, may also install the Software on one of your home computers. However, the Software may not be used on your home computer at the same time the Software on the primary computer is being used." It just doesn't say how to do it.

marcus-civis
03-16-2006, 07:43 AM
Write to support@pixologic.com for instructions as to how to do it.

JeremyJessup
03-17-2006, 04:57 AM
Cool, thanks marcus. I just though I was doing something wrong. Email sent :)

CGTalk Moderation
03-17-2006, 04:57 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.