PDA

View Full Version : Foot Rigg problem

coldfuse[ofX]
03-08-2006, 07:41 AM
Hey guys, wanted to ask for some help if you would not mind?!

Basically i have just started 3d really, and am on my first rigg. Of course im trying to take it as far as i can, while learning what i can do and can't do. I've based this foot rigg on another rigg i was able to obtain from the 10 second animation website, which i thought would be great research to see how others done this.

Basically i am having problems with a bank movement of the foot. This is where the foot rotates to the sides of his/her feet. Though i have got the front half of the foot to work it seems the back half is not working. It starts to rotate on its pivort rather than rotating with the rest of the foot. You will be able to see this as i have highlighted the problem bone.

I have included a few photos so maybe it will help the process. Also i have tried constraints and they dont seem to work properly. Unfortuently i started skinning and got pretty far then noticed the problem.

So if you guys could help me, much appreciated!! Thank you!

i am using Max 6 btw.

3DQUAKERS
03-08-2006, 10:43 AM
There are many solutions for this problem. The easiest fix is to select the IK chain for that bone (it should have one, so in case it doesn't make one) and in the Motion panel choose Parent Space -> IK Goal.
To see how the banking should function, you can download a demo (http://3dquakers1.com/webroot5/download.php?det=27) of our RiggingPro training DVD.

coldfuse[ofX]
03-08-2006, 12:49 PM
thank you so much, what a niffty little button. Thanks again. I will be back i am sure, with more questions but thanks alot!

CGTalk Moderation
03-08-2006, 12:49 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.