PDA

View Full Version : Precision slip editing

avinashlobo
03-08-2006, 07:16 AM
Hey people. I want to know if there's any way to perform a precision slip edit in After Effects. I can slip a trimmed layer by dragging the dimmed area left or right, but I can't seem to type any values anywhere.

Just wanted to know if there's a more precise way to do this.

Thanks.

Mylenium
03-08-2006, 07:47 AM
Hey people. I want to know if there's any way to perform a precision slip edit in After Effects. I can slip a trimmed layer by dragging the dimmed area left or right, but I can't seem to type any values anywhere.

Just wanted to know if there's a more precise way to do this.

Thanks.

Nope. Not natively, anyway. You can find a script for it, though, I believe. Look on aenhancers.com .

Mylenium

evanfotis
03-10-2006, 07:56 AM
It'd be nice to have a numerical type in popup box for various things like that.
Like in Ai when you double click the rotate/transform toolbar the numeric box appears.
They do exist in AE for some functions though.
And if you zoom full in timeline at 1 frame, and trim, that's as accurate it can get..

scrimski
03-10-2006, 08:30 AM
I do it like STRG+G and +1 (for one frame to the 'right') or +-1(for one frame to the 'left') and then set/trim the in/out points.
A slip or trim mode like in AVID would be cool, but I never missed this possibility until I read this thread. Damn, you made me miss this function.

Maybe this one

http://aenhancers.com/viewtopic.php?t=29

will do the job.

CGTalk Moderation
03-10-2006, 08:30 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.