PDA

View Full Version : Reverse keyframes in AE?

cyi
03-08-2006, 02:23 AM
Is there a way that I can reverse ALL of my keyframes, in effect playing the entire movie in reverse? I want to create a looping animation where it reverts to it's original state and then starts over again. Any ideas??

Mylenium
03-08-2006, 06:39 AM
Is there a way that I can reverse ALL of my keyframes, in effect playing the entire movie in reverse? I want to create a looping animation where it reverts to it's original state and then starts over again. Any ideas??

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=325038

you could have found this yourself if you had looked closely. It's only a few days back.

Mylenium

suztv
03-09-2006, 09:11 PM
You could use TimeRemapping. I use it all of the time for instances like what you described.

Just select the layer that you want remapped, select "layer" from the main menu then select "Enable Time-Remapping"

To get it to play forward and then reverse - copy the first keyframe (time-remapping automatically places keyframes at the beginning and end of your layer's animation), then go to the time (on the timeline, past the end keyframe) that would be the length of your animation and paste the key there. This should make the layer animation play forward and then reverse.
See the attached JPGs.

CGTalk Moderation
03-09-2006, 09:11 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.