PDA

View Full Version : NOOB, cant get into edit mode...

olivierth
03-08-2006, 01:03 AM
I sarted a head in Zbrush the other day and I saved it as a .ZBR file. today I opened it and, I cant get into the edit mode. I think it's because I need to select it.... but how??! Anyone has a clue?

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c208/Olivier_Theriault/ZBrushproblem.jpg

Matariki
03-08-2006, 01:13 AM
HI,
you saved the document! not the tool. In order to continue sculpting your head you must save the tool (see the Tools palette 'Save as' command). I am sorry but you have to start from scratch. Read the docs at ZBC and make sure you understand the difference between a tool and the document. Almost every noob makes that mistake it seems (did it myself).

Cheers.

olivierth
03-08-2006, 01:21 AM
ok! well.. it was just a test but.. if I do save the next one as a tool.. then load it ... will I still have the levels of sub division ?(started from a very low poly version) or will it just be like importing an obj?

Matariki
03-08-2006, 02:03 AM
It will have all the sublevels it had when you saved it. Also note that once you dropped the tool onto the canvas you can't pick it up again. It will turn into 2.5 D pixols. Another easy made mistake.

olivierth
03-08-2006, 02:38 AM
Thanks! but... I've tryed a fast test...... modified the face with 4 sub division.. then I exported it as a tool but.. the only export option is .obj... wich discards all my sub divisions...

olivierth
03-08-2006, 02:45 AM
Never mind!! I did a Export instead of a save as!! sorry for troubling you!!

And thanks a lot for your time! Realy apreciated!

Matariki
03-08-2006, 03:05 AM
You are welcome. BTW nice face. I wish my first attempts were that good.

Cheers.

marcus-civis
03-08-2006, 02:15 PM
When you save a model as a ZTL always save it at the lowest subdivison level - otherwise there is a risk of corrupting the file. Don't worry, all your higher levels will remain intact; just switch to the higher levels again once you have loaded the tool. Saving at the lowest level also saves disk space.

CGTalk Moderation
03-08-2006, 02:15 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.