PDA

View Full Version : How to center a Mask in a Layer?

FonteBoa
03-08-2006, 12:05 AM
How can i center (move) a Mask Shape to the Anchor Point of the Layer where it was created?
(i would like to move any mask to the center of its layer).

If i copy a mask from Illustrator, AE paste it centered. I would like to do the same with the masks created within AE...

excuse if it is obvious, but i miss/need more masks control tools...

Mylenium
03-08-2006, 06:38 AM
How can i center (move) a Mask Shape to the Anchor Point of the Layer where it was created?
(i would like to move any mask to the center of its layer).

If i copy a mask from Illustrator, AE paste it centered. I would like to do the same with the masks created within AE...

excuse if it is obvious, but i miss/need more masks control tools...

Mmh, not really possible by hand. You could try to find a script on aenhancers.com , but I'm close to certain that noone has bothered with creating one so far. If you're working with simple elliptical and rectangular masks, you can always "center" them by double-clicking the mask tool icons. This will fit the mask to the entire layer. From there you can scale them as needed using Ctrl+Shift to constrain them while scaling.

Mylenium

FonteBoa
03-08-2006, 10:15 AM
tks, mylenium: very useful tip! :)

CGTalk Moderation
03-08-2006, 10:15 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.