PDA

View Full Version : Brothers

fastfinger
03-04-2002, 11:24 PM
Just a test. I mean Box brothers. hehe :D
I made this to improve my lighting, shading.camera work. texturig.
Actually, I know the texturing`s not good. I didn`t care much about that. as you can see...no GI. just some soft shadow and
3 lights.2 spot light and 1 point light. :D
http://prop.x-y.net/cgi-bin/spboard/id/ireii/files/Realism2.jpg

yobarman
03-05-2002, 11:30 PM
i like the scene a lot. I can't tell if it's supposed to be some boxes sitting on a rusty airplane or a snowy background, but what the hell, it looks cool.

i dont know anything about lighting and shading and all, but i think you're blurring out the boxes too early. i think you should keep the boxes in focus and blur the background.

Raul-Reznek
03-06-2002, 12:16 AM
VERY good!

Nice stuff, what software?

ACFred
03-06-2002, 12:34 AM
Hey,

Looks like a good start. Your "Rescue" texture needs work, though. It appears that, for the most part, you applied the texture via planar mapping to each side of the box using the same image. Because of repetition of the greenish residue in the lower right corner of the image, it screams fake. With a box, it's easy enough to create an image map that allows for continuity of pattern across the entire surface. And always watch for stretching of textures.

I know you already said you don't like the texturing, but those are my $.02.

The depth of field is cool, but what are we looking at? Since it appears you're going for realism, grounding the image in an identifiable space would be good. By identifiable, I don't mean a place everyone would say "Oh, I've been there." but a place that we can say "Oh, I know what this is supposed to be."

I like the direction of the lighting. I think you may need to darken up the shadows a touch, but I just like to see more contrast in images. Personal taste.

Keep up the good work. I can't wait to see the end result!

Alec

fastfinger
03-06-2002, 10:30 AM
Soo... good!!!
Thanks guys. I was not so serious about this image.
It was just a starting test. so it took 1 hour to make this. and I deleted the scene files. :D
Anyway!!! Thanks!!! I`ll keep in mind your advices and apply it to my next image. :D

I use LW7. and used X-DOF to make some extreme DOF effect.
and Shadow Designer for soft shadow.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.