PDA

View Full Version : Error: Cannot find procedure "MayaWindow|mainRenderMenu". PLEASE HELP ME!!!

FloydBishop
12-16-2002, 03:08 AM
Hey gang,

I'm sure this must have happened to others here. I had a blue screen whil I had my Maya 4.5 up and running (it died while I was trying to rebuild a NURBS surface). Anyway, when I started back up, and opened Maya, everything was fine, until I tried to render a frame. This is what I got:

Error: Cannot find procedure "MayaWindow|mainRenderMenu".

I can't access the render menu at all. How can I fix this? I'm also running the Mental Ray Beta. I'd rather not reinstall Maya if I can help it, as I have all my prefs, scripts, and plug-ins just the way I like them.

Please help!!

(I searched the forum for an answer to this problem, but I didn't find one, so excuse me in advance if this has been addressed)

fango
12-16-2002, 03:12 AM
open your render view, choose mental ray renderer. the render menu should come back. putting mray as your default renderer also gets rid of this problem, so i heard.

FloydBishop
12-16-2002, 03:14 AM
THANK YOU!!!

:beer:

This should go somewhere that is easy to find. Is there a CG Talk Maya tech support section? If not, there should be!!

fango
12-16-2002, 03:52 AM
sheep_Factory suggested each user finding a solution to a problem should post it on the sticky maya faq )

SheepFactory
12-16-2002, 06:21 PM
thank you guys for helping with the FAQ

Fadao
04-21-2004, 02:28 PM
:) Hi fellows!

After install maya 5.0 , I finded and work with mental ray; then I save scene and turn it off.
When I open the save scene The mental ray is showed in the render menu.
If I open a new scene, the mental ray isnat there!!!
What could possibily happens?

Best regards!!!!

alexx
04-21-2004, 03:01 PM
you may have forgotten to read the manuals..

FloydBishop
04-21-2004, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by alexx
you may have forgotten to read the manuals..

How unbelievably useful, for you to bring up a thread that is over a year and a half old only to add an insult.

Thank you for the insight, and your contributions to the community.

alexx
04-21-2004, 04:59 PM
as you might find out - since your thread was useful and perfectly answered already - the "insult" was in direct answer to fadaos post, which happened today and was indeed worth the comment..

apologies are welcome

alexx

Fadao
04-21-2004, 05:23 PM
:) Hello fellows!

Let it go, Floyd! I aprecciate your posts and thank you for be so gentile!
I donīt care with that kind of comment because Iīm am worry about to learn and be in touch with people like you, worry to teach!
In fact, maybe I should read that manual again!
But I believe there is another problem that I couldnīt resolve, because when I open the plugin manager I cannot find mray!
No stress people!

Best regards!

FloydBishop
04-21-2004, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by alexx
as you might find out - since your thread was useful and perfectly answered already - the "insult" was in direct answer to fadaos post, which happened today and was indeed worth the comment..

apologies are welcome

It's still not helpful, but I apologize just the same.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.