PDA

View Full Version : Cracking an egg

maxflame
03-07-2006, 08:13 AM
How do i set up a simulation for a chick to crack open an egg from the inside. I know i can use reactor's fracture so i'll see what i can do with that. But i need tips as i need this ASAP please. Does anyone know where i can get a maxscript that breaks up objects into fragments? And when the object is in peices how do i remove the seams to make it look like one object? Thanks in advance.I use 3ds max 8

Nicool
03-10-2006, 09:04 PM
It's quite an easy animation task. Don't use dynamics. Maybe a plugin for the cracks... but split polygon tool should be enough. I'd model an egg first, and then draw the cracks on it. You may have 4-5 models of the egg at teh same position but at different level of "cracking". Set good rotation pivots for each piece of your cracked eggs. Then animate visibility of the different eggs models (groups of cracks) and obviously, animate the piece rotation and falling of them.

Hope it helps :thumbsup:

maxflame
03-11-2006, 09:07 AM
Thanks mate.

CGTalk Moderation
03-11-2006, 09:07 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.