PDA

View Full Version : Flip Problem need help~

limkinkwan
03-07-2006, 08:46 AM
Hey everyone, I got flip problem in modeler...

My architecture surface in different flip, how to change to same flip (face outside)? I try ''Who Flipped", but only active for same object connected, it doesn't work if I got many different object in 1 layer...

Couse now I using ''microwave" to bake radiosity, if the model doesn't flipped properly...the area just appear dark...anyone can help...thanks a lot~~......

vectro
03-07-2006, 09:45 AM
If I understand u corectly then I suggest u to find all polys thatare flipped wrong and then pres 'F' button. (it would be easier to find wrong flipped polys if you turn on 'show normals')

limkinkwan
03-07-2006, 02:03 PM
Thanks Vectro, but my model got 100000++ poly, is a huge architecture model...so is a bit hard if find polys are flipped wrong and then press 'F', hmm...any ideas or any plugins can do that?...(change the object surface to same flip) thanks !!~

Eclyps19
03-07-2006, 02:10 PM
bah, screw flipping. just make em all double sided! =)

aeres
03-07-2006, 05:13 PM
Doesn't the "align" tool work?

limkinkwan
03-07-2006, 05:58 PM
Thanks Eclyps19s and aeres...

Eclyps19s- if all double side, the flip actually still facing same position, because i need to bake it, if the flip face inside, after bake, the area will be dark.

aeres- and the ''align''...almostly same with ''who flipped''...only active for single object (connected), if got many different object in a layer...then not much different.

----O

aeres
03-07-2006, 07:13 PM
Did you try selecting the objects and place them in separate layers, then align them separately?

select a couple of polygons on a object, use the "}" ( shift+] ) key to select adjacent polygons, repeat until the whole object is selected. Cut the object and paste it in another layer, then try aligning again.

limkinkwan
03-08-2006, 03:44 AM
There are a lot of polygon...48256 poly in many many different object, hmm...maybe this is the only way...

SteveH
03-08-2006, 04:40 AM
You might try this plugin. It saved me a ton of work when I had several thousand polygons on a ground surface. It basically builds a selection set based on polygon direction. It may be just what you need. Good luck.

http://www.3dcybercorp.com/software/faceit/index.html

limkinkwan
03-08-2006, 09:42 AM
Hey SteveH~, I try it out just now, but why when i put the Basic Point to certain polygon for example face in, then I click ''Face It Selector", some other face out polygons also getting select?...

CGTalk Moderation
03-08-2006, 09:42 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.