PDA

View Full Version : Particle question I think

sjcrompo
03-07-2006, 07:27 AM
Hi

I am a complete novice when it comes to particles.

I have a shape that I want to appear on screen suddenly. Maybe just before the shape appears I want to have some twinkling lights maybe with an orange glow about them, a little like a fairys wand would do in the movies.

What would be the best way to approach this.

Thanks in advance

Steve

beenyweenies
03-07-2006, 04:36 PM
Hi

I am a complete novice when it comes to particles.

I have a shape that I want to appear on screen suddenly. Maybe just before the shape appears I want to have some twinkling lights maybe with an orange glow about them, a little like a fairys wand would do in the movies.

What would be the best way to approach this.

Thanks in advance

Steve

Probably not the answer you were looking for, but the best way to do this is with plugins. AE by default has some particle tools but getting the look you're after takes a LOT of experimentation. I would highly recommend you go download the trial version of Trapcode's Particular plugin, as well as their Starglow plugin. The particular plugin makes it easy to get good results relatively quickly (while offering a lot of control once you get better at it), and adding the starglow effect to the particles gives the exact twinkling effect you are describing, with a lot of control over color, amount of twinkle etc. If you like what you see, buy the plugins. You won't regret it!

http://www.trapcode.com/download.html

sjcrompo
03-07-2006, 09:56 PM
Thank you very much for the info

I am off to investigate.

Thanks again

Steve

CGTalk Moderation
03-07-2006, 09:56 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.