PDA

View Full Version : Xmen3 Trailer up at Apple

Ryan_M_Mccalla
03-07-2006, 03:22 AM
http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/tls/trailer/large.html

not sure if anyones posted it yet but here ya go lads

Bonedaddy
03-07-2006, 03:35 AM
Reserving judgement until I see the movie itself. Some good moments in there, but I am still wary.

noisewar
03-07-2006, 04:01 AM
so... very... very... good...

even if the movie sucks, the trailer is a keeper.

KOKE
03-07-2006, 04:40 AM
Looks really nice :beer:

It was funny, I could recognice some of the buildings they filmed just in front of my house here at Vancouver.

:cool:

SupRore
03-07-2006, 04:54 AM
Looks great. :cool:

heavyness
03-07-2006, 05:14 AM
looking good. seeing Juggernaut smash though the walls makes up for the crappy outfit.

still wish Singer was directing it. and when did it become "The Last Stand"? either which way, i'll be there opening night.

also, who is the kid, the mutant that is more powerful the Magneto, aka the "source of the cure" they talked about in the trailer?

DDS
03-07-2006, 05:23 AM
there is no way this is bad :eek:

*watching Matrix Reloaded trailer...

Well maybe YES

Bonedaddy
03-07-2006, 05:42 AM
looking good. seeing Juggernaut smash though the walls makes up for the crappy outfit.
I'll pass that along, I'm sure some people would be glad to hear it.

also, who is the kid, the mutant that is more powerful the Magneto, aka the "source of the cure" they talked about in the trailer?
That would be Leech (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leech_%28comics%29), with significantly more peach-colored skin (and pupils) than his comics incarnation. Strangely enough, played by the same kid that played Six in Ultraviolet.

cgartists
03-07-2006, 05:58 AM
that is awesome - I love xmen series :)
I'll only be furious if release dates in Poland will be as usually delayed even very much :(
I hope it will be June at least :)
Can't wait to see it ;)
cheers

DaJuice
03-07-2006, 06:19 AM
I must say that trailer was mighty badass.

Seven
03-07-2006, 08:24 AM
That looks fantastic... I cant wait to see this! Definatly the type of film Syndrome would like to see :)

Nichod
03-07-2006, 08:57 AM
Looks to be a good movie, hopefully.

monsterboy
03-07-2006, 09:26 AM
Nice trailer, but doesn't it like just give the whole plot away? I don't even need to go to the theatre now LOL...

pogonip
03-07-2006, 09:43 AM
The golden gate bridge being destroyed in a movie is now one of the biggest lamest movie Cliche's ...wow ...

laureato di arte
03-07-2006, 10:00 AM
Ign have an interesting article

X3: Magneto at His Most Insane
The last stand of the Golden Gate Bridge.
by Steve Head (shead@ign.com)

colossally amazing. But in the grand scheme of X-Men: The Last Stand, it's only one visual effect, albeit a giant visual effect. So let's set the stage...

Now that you've seen the trailer (http://media.filmforce.ign.com/media/040/040731/vids_1.html), perhaps two or three times, note the final shot: the shot with the Golden Gate Bridge being destroyed, or more precisely, disassembled and reformed - Magneto's doing, of course. Here's what we can tell you: There's a point mid-way through the film (and that's a guess), in which Magneto and his cronies decide they need a new base of operations. And it appears they're not going to be discrete about its location. Much to the dismay of tourists, Magneto chooses Alcatraz; and to connect the prison with the mainland, he uproots the Golden Gate Bridge, sending cars a-plenty into the drink, and attaches the west end of the bridge to the Island.

http://ffmedia.ign.com/filmforce/image/article/692/692371/x-men-the-last-stand-20060306012622281.jpg

These are "scenes you'd like to see," says visual effects supervisor John Bruno. "It's Magneto at his most insane."

Creating the Golden Gate Bridge sequence proved most daunting for Bruno and his team, as it was "the biggest, visual effects-wise," says Bruno. Working with production designer Ed Verreaux, the team built sets that include "a full size section of the Golden Gate Bridge and a 1-to-1 section of Alcatraz," which will be digitally extended, blending the practical sets with computerized images. "We have to basically line this up visually with all the photographs and real helicopter footage we shot looking at the island from the ocean."

http://ffmedia.ign.com/filmforce/image/article/692/692371/x-men-the-last-stand-20060306012622875.jpg

Bruno tells IGN FilmForce, "Composting that many elements into the shots is time consuming; and we still have more to do, but we've got the right people on the job, and I'm impressed with the shots we're turning out. We spent a considerable amount of time on the clip that you see in the trailer to have it ready for the trailer. I've been here working on [the movie] for 7 months now, and we've only had a few days off. We get into it really because we love it. And sometimes you just have to take a step back to see the work. The Golden Gate Bridge sequence is something we're really proud of."

Not only was a section of the bridge rebuilt, the effects artists also created a detailed miniature as a reference from which to work. "The section of the Golden Gate Bridge which we use in the film is just from the tower forward," says Bruno, who estimates the overall length of the section to be about 60-feet. In terms of size, "It's the real thing, but we had to weaken it somehow." And for Magneto's purposes, "We took the Fort Ross side and built that in smaller scale and collapsed that, so it joined the San Francisco side. It's pretty big."

In fact, the set is so big, producer David Gorder says, "This is the biggest production ever filmed in Canada. It used to be X2, but now it's X3. Maybe X4 will be even bigger."

http://ffmedia.ign.com/filmforce/image/article/692/692371/x-men-the-last-stand-20060306012623641.jpg
http://ffmedia.ign.com/filmforce/image/article/692/692371/x-men-the-last-stand-20060306012623266.jpg

We've got more X3 coverage on the way, so keep watching IGN FilmForce!

Pentagramma
03-07-2006, 12:57 PM
Very intense, isnīt it?

I have a few reservations to this film (the absence of Bryan Singer, for one), but I agree the trailer is quite cool. Letīs hope for a fun film...

danimat0r
03-07-2006, 02:16 PM
I thought the first two were pretty uninspired, but this one looks good. The trailer I mean. ;) Here's hoping.

pixelmonk
03-07-2006, 03:04 PM
Glad I didn't have to go to crApple to see it. It aired last night on Fox.

Kentaro
03-07-2006, 03:32 PM
A+ Trailer, more intense than Superman's Teaser/Trailer.

XMen 3 will gross 200 Million easy . Summer 2006 My prediction.

Great Job so far.

talos72
03-07-2006, 03:59 PM
"also, who is the kid, the mutant that is more powerful the Magneto, aka the "source of the cure" they talked about in the trailer?"

My guess is the mutant is Dark Phoenix.

Rook
03-07-2006, 05:19 PM
The bald kid in the end is the same kid from Ultraviolet. That movie was so bad that by assosiation this movie will be too.

chrisWhite
03-07-2006, 07:32 PM
This is really starting to look awesome, I'm very excited to see the movie.

JeroenDStout
03-07-2006, 07:51 PM
Wait, if Magneto can move the entire Golden Gate Bridge doesn't that mess up consisency with him being locked in a plastic prison? If you can get the bridge to move, how can you not find a single bit of metal without the whole inject-metal-in-blood....

Anyway. Looks better than I expected - sadly now I have already seen the entire story, though.

embodiedform
03-07-2006, 08:18 PM
Anyone have a mirror? All of the quicktime links on Apple's site seem to be broken-

Ryan_M_Mccalla
03-07-2006, 08:22 PM
Bijarts - try this maybe?

http://movies.apple.com/movies/fox/xmenthelaststand/xmenthelaststand_h.640.mov

direct link to the quicktime file...

heavyness
03-07-2006, 08:23 PM
**possible spoilers***

i'm guessing Magneto can move the bridge because the Dark Phoenix is helping him, or magnifying his strength.

i didn't read any x-men comics when Jean was doing the whole Dark Phoenix thing, so i'm not sure. but i know she didn't hook up with Magneto, just the Hell Fire Club. it looks like they are merging some X-Men stories together.

PaulAdams
03-07-2006, 08:51 PM
Despite the lameness of Juggernauts costume, this is looking good. I love the lineup of the X-Men with Colossus (hope they do him justice).

Would've thought they'd have put Gambit in this one though.

strangelife
03-07-2006, 09:13 PM
the trailer was dy-no-mite. colossus, i hope has an expanded presence. maybe a tangle with juggernaut? fun.

..and i sincerely hope the boy from ultraviolet does not bring disaster by association. the trailer gives me hope.

JByron
03-08-2006, 12:49 AM
Despite the lameness of Juggernauts costume, this is looking good. I love the lineup of the X-Men with Colossus (hope they do him justice).

Would've thought they'd have put Gambit in this one though.

That would've been icing on the cake. With so many other minor mutants, why no Gambit?

rblitz7
03-08-2006, 02:10 AM
Exactly my thoughts, but yeah this trailer is way better then the first one. Im excited!:bounce:

laureato di arte
03-08-2006, 02:26 AM
That would've been icing on the cake. With so many other minor mutants, why no Gambit?

yea gambit, i have been wishing they added him for a while now, oh well...
by the way has anybody read the x-men spin off Muties? its really good and emotional.

eliseu gouveia
03-08-2006, 04:12 AM
My hopes have been rekindled. :)

regarding Brian Singer, IMHO I dunno if heīd be the best choice for this film.

Singer is a great director but not the best person to direct a straight-out-world-shattering-visual extravaganza, his need to downsize the spectacle and "keep it real" are contraproductive when you wanna see hordes of mutants clashing and superpowers wreaking havoc.

BRUTICUS
03-08-2006, 04:36 AM
I really think this should have been the X-men film with Wolvie climbing Sentinel robots with his claws to tear their faces apart. And Appocolypse coming in from another dimension. And MINIMAL Magneto MINIMAL Mutant Equality dribble. Personally that story is old with me, even if it is "the last stand".

AkaKico
03-08-2006, 05:13 AM
I liked the first one, I liked that second one more. Here's hoping I like the third one best!

opus13
03-08-2006, 05:26 AM
I really think this should have been the X-men film with Wolvie climbing Sentinel robots with his claws to tear their faces apart. And Appocolypse coming in from another dimension. And MINIMAL Magneto MINIMAL Mutant Equality dribble. Personally that story is old with me, even if it is "the last stand".

struggles with equality are an omnipresent theme in most every aspect of society today, much as it has been for hundreds of years. in an obvious fantasy based/laden story mirroring constant themes makes a story more approachable, no matter how far removed from actual events.

climbing up robots to slash them won't read quite the same in 10 years time, whereas struggle with oppression will ring familiar in 100.

ruinangel
03-08-2006, 06:01 PM
I am very interested to see how the whole Phoenix/Dark phoenix issue is handled. In the trailer we see things flying around but will we get to see the special effects of the phoenix bird??

sloggo
03-08-2006, 10:25 PM
this is gonna be awesome

i wouldnt be suprised if we do see sentinels actually - theyve had the concepts floating around since xmen1 and theres a guy on the credits of x3 as bolivar trask(sentinel creator) so.... go figure. in fact, could this even be what the president is referring to at the beginning fo the trailer "protecting his citizens" - could the sentinels be a reaction to magnetos behaviour? a means of rounding up mutants for this cure.

Anywho, now that colossus is involved a bit more and beast has appeared, things are definately looking up. Anyone else notice the lack of cyclops throughout the action sequences? i sure as hell hope he doesnt get killed at the start by pheonix or something.

laureato di arte
03-08-2006, 11:19 PM
this is gonna be awesome

i wouldnt be suprised if we do see sentinels actually - theyve had the concepts floating around since xmen1 and theres a guy on the credits of x3 as bolivar trask(sentinel creator) so.... go figure. in fact, could this even be what the president is referring to at the beginning fo the trailer "protecting his citizens" - could the sentinels be a reaction to magnetos behaviour? a means of rounding up mutants for this cure.

Anywho, now that colossus is involved a bit more and beast has appeared, things are definately looking up. Anyone else notice the lack of cyclops throughout the action sequences? i sure as hell hope he doesnt get killed at the start by pheonix or something.

I remember reading that there will be a death of some major characters in this, hence the floating sunglasses and the empty wheelchair scenes, although there is a scene that dr x seems to be rising out of the wheelchair.

offbeatworlds
03-09-2006, 09:21 PM
Since some people are asking how it is possible for Magneto to move the entire Golden Gate bridge, I would like to present my theory on this subject:

In the trailer, we see dozens of other mutants walking behind Magneto, including the increasingly powerful Jean Grey AKA Phoenix. Now, even though she doesn't have her arms raised like Magneto does, she also doesn't need to have them raised. She never did in the previous movies. Magneto however did raise his arms when using his powers. So my theory is that Jean Grey and possibly some of the other mutants are aiding Magneto in the movement of the bridge.

Course, that is only my theory. :)

Ryan_M_Mccalla
03-09-2006, 09:34 PM
in magnetos defense on the whole bridge moving thing - I think its him all the way, magneto is extremly powerful in the comic books and this is well within his abilitys (he's shown these types of uses of them before moving large metalic objects, molding them into what he see's fit etc) some extreme uses of his power can be seen when he wipes out the power on the whole planet from space by creating a EMP type effect with his powers ,x-men#25 i think was the issue number the same issue where he tears out wolverines adamantium and when xavier wiped his mind clean

Ps:please forgive my grammar and spelling - sleep deprived atm

leigh
03-09-2006, 09:38 PM
Kick ass! I can't wait to see it :) The Golden Gate Bridge stuff looks wicked.

ruinangel
03-11-2006, 02:47 PM
I remember reading that there will be a death of some major characters in this, hence the floating sunglasses and the empty wheelchair scenes, although there is a scene that dr x seems to be rising out of the wheelchair.
From the looks of things I think that Magneto is behind Xavier as Phoenix causes his chair to float of the ground. Perhaps she ends the feud??

ruinangel
03-11-2006, 02:49 PM
As far as Cyclops is concerned, well from the trailer I can only come to the conclusion that poor cyke is killed by miss Phoenix...

seven6ty
03-11-2006, 05:42 PM
x-men#25 i think was the issue number the same issue where [magneto] tears out wolverines adamantium

Whoa, that would be kick ass!

Teyon
03-13-2006, 04:08 PM
Beast still looks like he's got a suit of fur on instead of the fur being his body...they should have composited fur on his neck if they didn't want to make the costume extend that far. Everytime I watch any of the trailers and the scene in the plane shows up, it wrecks the illusion for me.

HowardM
03-13-2006, 04:40 PM
woohoo! one of the shots I worked on (at 2:11) made it into the new trailer! :D

this new trailer really kicks ass, this movie is going to be cool!

greynite1
03-13-2006, 07:59 PM
Okay Trailer does indeed look cool

I definitely have some faith in this movie. I'm a huge Xmen fan and my only geek hope is that they do up the Dark Phoenix Saga Right. Right now I understand where this part could come in because She didn't come out of the water Dark phoenix it took ahwhile. cyclops Left the Xmen for ahwhile because he was so messed up.

She first comes out of the Ocean the phoenix so i will be very interested to see if they do this with the comic book in mind because from a Franchise perspective that would be better :P

I think in the next one they need to have a new X-men villain Magneto Did take breaks.

I think its Too early for Apocalypse. Mr Sinister would be better for a Cyclops centric movie where you do that and Introduce his Brother HAVOK :)

Icarus
03-14-2006, 12:19 AM
trailer looks impressive, i loved the first two films, hopefully this will be just as good or atleast, better ;D

Love seeing Beast and Phoenix :)

on a side note, i used to read comics long ago, and looked at a few in recent times, i remember reading that Juggernaught wasnt really a mutant, more of a really really strong guy, it seems to be said more in recent comics.. i think "The New X-men"

not 100% sure thou, but it may give some light into why his suit doesnt look as beefy as it did in the comics/cartoon long ago

and im really hoping gambit comes into the story.. but we'll see :D

heavyness
03-14-2006, 12:44 AM
on a side note, i used to read comics long ago, and looked at a few in recent times, i remember reading that Juggernaught wasnt really a mutant, more of a really really strong guy, it seems to be said more in recent comics.. i think

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/j/juggernaut.htm

Xavier followed Marko into a cave that housed the lost secret temple of Cyttorak, a powerful mystical entity. Marko impulsively grabbed a glowing ruby from the lap of an idol and read the inscription (which mystically appeared to his mind to be in English): "Whosoever touches this gem shall possess the power of the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak. Henceforth, you who read these words shall become forevermore a human juggernaut." As Xavier watched, the gem's mystical power transformed Marko into a larger, superhuman being.

P_T
03-17-2006, 01:46 PM
hmm... I dunno how closely tied to the film the official game is but there's a Sentinel in it.

Check it out. >LINK< (http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=9732&type=mov)

laureato di arte
03-17-2006, 02:54 PM
X3: Storm Whips It Good
Filmmakers get her ready to fly.
by Steve Head

March 14, 2006 - Let's face it. After two movies, Storm's character development leaves something to be desired. Yeah, we got to see her do a few actiony things, when she wasn't teaching class or leading a field trip. But change is upon us. For in X-Men: The Last Stand, we can tell you this: her level of anti-Magneto action takes a big jump. Or, more to the point, a lift-off.

"Those fans that wanted to see Storm fly finally get to see that," says producer David Gorder. "She has a bigger role, she's flying, and fighting, and Halle looks really cool doing it" he adds, promising fans will see moves from her they've never seen before.

"The movie for me is still very much an ensemble," says Berry. "That's one of the things I really love about working on X-Men. But this time my character is saying something, she has a definite point of view. Brett was really instrumental in making that happen. He's really been a supporter of just finding a voice for the character." And, she admits, he was adamant that this new movie featured Storm's flying ability.

"We incorporated it into the storyline," says Ratner. "It's part of the plot."

To put Storm in the air, the production turned to Simon Crane. He's "one of the best second unit directors in the world," says Ratner. "He's been shooting some fantastic action sequences with these guys. I'll look at the dailies at the end of every day and I'm shocked."

Part of making it all look real is having Berry do much of the flying herself. "I don't know why Halle actually does it," says Ratner, "because nobody is going to believe it's her anyway." Nevertheless, for one particularly tough scene, Berry was "up in the air, hovering. She's literally creating a kind of windy, tornado effect and she actually spins. She's on a wire. She must have done it eighty-seven times."

For the more complex scenes, the filmmakers "cyber-scanned" Berry, effectively creating a digital double for Storm. "Putting them in a wire is one thing," says Gorder. "But we would never use the actors in any serious practical stunts. Storm and Magneto will do wire work in which they're in a harness on a wire. They're the characters that will fly."

"I've been saying this now since I started the movie, I just want to fly," says Berry. "Storm flies in the comic book, and I wore a cape for two movies and never used it. It's part of her power and part of what her mutation is, and it's nice to be able to get to use that talent and that gift in a profound way that really helps my fellow characters."

For a glimpse of the new Storm in action, check out the latest trailer for X-Men: The Last Stand. As Professor X tells her, "You, of all people, know how fast the weather can change."

We'll have more X-Men: The Last Stand features in the coming weeks, so keep watching IGN FilmForce!

DAZZAN
03-17-2006, 07:46 PM
As a avid fan yeah i liked the trailer,but did they have to almost put every mutant in it,the kid,leech,does seem to put the skids on any sentinal action,but i hope that in the final fight the humans get involved and send in the Sentinals,it should end on a cliff hanger,for me collosus looks great in 2,but looked like just a mask in 3.

i still think supe 5 will win the heroes cinema battle.

untill we get the Joker...the real one, in Batman Year two.

but sometimes i get the nagging feeling i would go without any sequels,if they would at least give something sublimely original.An original Blockbuster of the old school

BRUTICUS
03-17-2006, 10:07 PM
Berry is too young, pretty, innocent and light skinned to be storm, storm should have been an actress with a much more commanding presense.

laureato di arte
03-18-2006, 10:19 AM
Berry is too young, pretty, innocent and light skinned to be storm, storm should have been an actress with a much more commanding presense.

Yea i always used to say that she didnt looking powerful enough, although she is always a pleasure to look at.

I always thought that robin givens would have lookd more like the storm of old.

I think it is those cheekbones.
http://www.broadway.com/site_images/517358.jpghttp://www.intuitivewebdesigns.com/comics/graphics/xmen/storm.jpg

http://ffmedia.ign.com/filmforce/image/article/680/680807/new-ix3i-images-20060111021620606.jpg

P_T
03-18-2006, 01:32 PM
In the 2nd movie, they didn't even make Pyro talk with an Australian accent and Colossus with a Russian one. Also, wasn't Kitty Pryde just a little kid? I remember her goin thru her bed and wall in the 2nd movie but in the picture, she looks like she just got a growth hormone booster shot.

Teyon
03-18-2006, 02:30 PM
In the first film, Kitty was a teenager. I don't know what happened in the second one. Maybe it wasn't really Kitty in the second film? Maybe it was Magik (Colossus' sister who can teleport and stuff)?

P_T
03-18-2006, 03:45 PM
Well... she 'phased' thru her bed and wall like a ghost. If there's any live action presentation of Kitty's power then that's it. I can barely remember the first movie so I don't remember if Kitty was in it at all.

cookepuss
03-18-2006, 04:37 PM
Kitty WAS in the 1st movie. She phases through the door of Professor X's office, much to Logan's surprise.

The role of Kitty is pretty much a rotating thing. In the 1st movie, Kitty was played by the now nearly 20 year old Sumela Kay. At the time X-Men 1 filmed, Sumela was nearly 14. In the 2nd movie, Katie Stuart played Kitty. She's now 21, but was 18 at the time of X2's filming. Ellen Page is actually the 3rd actress to play Kitty. Ellen recently turned 19. As you can see, the age difference between Katie & Ellen at the time of filming X2 & X3 is only a couple of months. If anything, the only one to play Kitty at the right age from when she first joined the X-Men was Sumela Kay. Currently, in the comics, Kitty is of college age and should probably be about 18 or 19. That more or less matches the movie actresses. incidentally. One would assume that since the character of Kitty was around since the first movie that her being 19 would be fairly accurate.

As for Magik, she doesn't phase. She instantaneously teleports. Think of Nightcrawler, but replace the smokey bamf with a circular portal.

With regards to Pyro & Colossus' accents, the actors DID ask to play them with accents in X2, but Bryan Singer told them no. The issue of Halley's awful and inconsistent accent in X-Men 1 was a major deterrent. I guess they couldn't be bothered to hire people to coach them. :p

My problem with Halley Berry's Storm isn't so much in her appearance. That's no big deal. If I can accept that Wolverine is now 6' instead of 5'4" then I can believe her in the role. After all, its the movies. No real person can be an exact match for a comic character. My real problem with Berry is in her inability to actually act. I've yet to see her in one convincing role. (Don't even get me started on that questionable Oscar win.)

CGTalk Moderation
03-18-2006, 04:37 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.