PDA

View Full Version : so..what`s the difference between W.Graphire 3 and 4?

yolao
03-07-2006, 12:32 AM
hi..

well, i was just searching on the net a place to buy a wacom graphire 6 x 8..and i found one with cost of 99$...then i look at the specs and says graphire 3...

So my question is what`s the main difference between graphire3 and 4?

i`m planing to use it for photoshop, zbrush and the upcoming silo 2..

thanks in advance

nafa
03-07-2006, 06:00 AM
Graphire 4 has 2 express key which you can assign commonly used keyboard shortcuts. Otherwise, the 3 and 4 are similar.

yolao
03-07-2006, 01:00 PM
Graphire 4 has 2 express key which you can assign commonly used keyboard shortcuts. Otherwise, the 3 and 4 are similar.

thanks...so graphire 4 has 2 extra keys in the pen...i have never used a tablet before, so i don`t know what`s the workflow for it,...i mean in zbrush for example how do you rise the size of the brush?...or enter some menus, or rotate and pan around with the camera, etc...i imagin that the pen has to have some buttoms for that functions,..right?....or maybe is a combination of pen keys and keyboard keys...?

I ask all this to know if its really nesesary that 2 keys that the graphire4 has?...as i said for zbrush, photoshop, and the upcoming silo2

nafa
03-08-2006, 06:10 AM
No. The 2 additional keys are on the tablet. Both Graphire 3 and 4 have 2 keys on the pen. All buttons are programmable to represent mouse or keyboard input (ie, left/right click, cmd-F1 etc).

You can visit the Wacom website (www.wacom.com) to look at their FAQ to learn more.

CGTalk Moderation
03-08-2006, 06:10 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.