PDA

View Full Version : scene - "speed" contest

cyb-ymer
12-15-2002, 10:35 PM
http://members.home.nl/webmaster.nohn/cyb-ymer.jpg
A scene I made last week, I entered it in a contest (subject: "speed") and came in 3th. :bounce:

It's not really high tech, but i enjoyed making it :)

Chappo
12-15-2002, 10:39 PM
Tweakers invadin' CGtalk !! ;)

raden
12-15-2002, 10:46 PM
Congrats cyb-ymer:applause:

I really dig your shading:thumbsup:
Please tell me how did you do that glowy blue thingy??
And what app?

Thanks
:beer:

cyb-ymer
12-15-2002, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by raden
Congrats cyb-ymer:applause:

I really dig your shading:thumbsup:
Please tell me how did you do that glowy blue thingy??
And what app?

Thanks
:beer:

thx

app: Max 5 + brazil

The glowing engines are a sphere with an "output" map in diffuse and selfillumination mapchannel.

Benno
12-16-2002, 12:09 AM
Hi cyb-ymer.

The texturing and colours are very dramatic. Good blurring and DOF too the only crit I have is that the vehicles are identical bar the textures. Maybe it would have been better to make some significant changes to one. Just my $0.02

Benno.

sixtyten
12-16-2002, 12:59 AM
I think I have seen this movie.... Oh yeah it's the one with that kid who is real good at those flying cars isn't it?

Stimpy
12-16-2002, 05:00 AM
Originally posted by sixtyten
I think I have seen this movie.... Oh yeah it's the one with that kid who is real good at those flying cars isn't it?

oh yeah, i think ive seen that movie. and boy did it suck.

as for the pic, i think the camera angle is a bit unfortunate. you cant really tell which direction they are flying in. towards the camera or away.. maybe put the camera a bit higher and add some stuff to the horizon to make it a bit more lively.

cyb-ymer
12-16-2002, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Stimpy
oh yeah, i think ive seen that movie. and boy did it suck.

as for the pic, i think the camera angle is a bit unfortunate. you cant really tell which direction they are flying in. towards the camera or away.. maybe put the camera a bit higher and add some stuff to the horizon to make it a bit more lively.

You are right, but there is a lot of dust flying behind te machines but it becomes so dense at the end it becomes a blurry brown area.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.