PDA

View Full Version : Announce: infiniMap Pro V1.0.2 - now with XP64 bit support

lightwolf
03-06-2006, 05:25 PM
We are happy to announce the release of infiniMap Pro V1.0.2 for LightWave.

Here is a list of changes since version 1.0.1:

64bit Windows support
Consolidated the external ECW/JPEG2000 into the base plugin file. Now there is only one .p file required to install infiniMap Pro
Added a simple converter that can export images loaded into LightWave 3D as ECW or JPEG 2000 image files
The projection code has been re-written to solve problems with bump maps. Bump maps also render slightly faster due to the re-design.
Added a new projection type: Spherical Section Projection.
Added channel selection options to the shader plugin
Added “Replace Image” option to globally replace an infiniMap Image
Improved the speed of previews in the surface editor
Fixed a bug relating to the wrong proxy image being selected if an openGL preview layer was generated that used an existing image
Fixed a bug concerning front projection mapping

The update is of course free to registered users, as is the 64bit version.

Unregistered users may still use infiniMap Pro, albeit with limited functionality.

You can download the new version at http://www.infinimap.com

Cheers,
Mike

CTRL+X
03-07-2006, 04:39 AM
Been using this in Civil Viz projects,,, all I can say is it has opend up doors of possibilities in my projects and has wowed the clients.

lightwolf
03-07-2006, 07:30 AM
Been using this in Civil Viz projects,,, all I can say is it has opend up doors of possibilities in my projects and has wowed the clients.
Thanks for the kind words :)

We're always anxious to see what has been created with infiniMap, could you show renders?

Cheers,
Mike

CTRL+X
03-08-2006, 12:19 AM
Thanks for the kind words :)

We're always anxious to see what has been created with infiniMap, could you show renders?

Cheers,
Mike

Let me get past this prelim stage with the client, once we get past the approval stage I will post some work. It is baisiclly a 50 mile fly through from a major metro area to a several 1000 acre development, the intent was to show the vast distance from a major urban area to this retirement community being developed.

Loading in the 5 Hi rez ECW files that are 800 megs each was a sinch,,,, though,, I was skeptical before using it, this plugin worked flawlessly, it changed the way I work with ECW and JPG2000 files.

BRAVO

lightwolf
03-08-2006, 08:53 AM
Let me get past this prelim stage with the client, once we get past the approval stage I will post some work. It is baisiclly a 50 mile fly through from a major metro area to a several 1000 acre development, the intent was to show the vast distance from a major urban area to this retirement community being developed.
No worries... Sounds like a cool project.

I'm just a nosy bugger... and like to be amazed by the work done with the plugin :)

Cheers,
Mike

ColinSmith
03-08-2006, 01:00 PM
Hi, I have a bridge visualisation project in progress at the moment, and the surrounding terrain covers a big area.

Infinimap sound slike it might be a help with memory issues for detailed surface mapping, but I wonder if you could clarify some issue regarding the workflow I'd need to use?

1- The texture maps are painted in Photoshop. Do I need to have them as jpeg2000 or ecw to get the benefits? Any easy route to do that if required?

2- Surfaces are front projected from fixed cameras due to various difficulties from piecing together 20 year old area photos.... is this 100% Ok in the Pro version?

Thanks for the info.

lightwolf
03-08-2006, 01:07 PM
Hi Colin,
Infinimap sound slike it might be a help with memory issues for detailed surface mapping, but I wonder if you could clarify some issue regarding the workflow I'd need to use?
Well of course.

1- The texture maps are painted in Photoshop. Do I need to have them as jpeg2000 or ecw to get the benefits? Any easy route to do that if required?
Yes, they have to be in either image format.
PS CS2 can export JPEG2000.
If you can load the image into LW, and it has less than 500Mb you can use the Converter that is built into the latest release to compress to ECW or JPEG2000 from within LightWave as well. (this is available in the unregistered version as well!).
There are a couple other options mentioned in the appendix of the user manual.

2- Surfaces are front projected from fixed cameras due to various difficulties from piecing together 20 year old area photos.... is this 100% Ok in the Pro version?

Yes, it is. I've fixed some bugs in that area, and our beta testers have used front projection mapping on a variety of projects as well. I'd never say 100% - being of the careful type - but 99% :D

If you have any further questions don't hesitate to ask!

Cheers,
Mike

CGTalk Moderation
03-08-2006, 01:07 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.