PDA

View Full Version : Painter IX short brush strokes

SafeZone
03-06-2006, 05:12 PM
I don't know if anyone else has this problem but its really bugging me...

I'm trying to paint little pine trees with the artists oils brushes, (generally dry brush and dry bristle) but its almsot impossible because when i try to make very short strokes back and forth to simulate the branches, painter seems unresponsive, applying paint for instance only after the stroke is completed, or just painting random dabs and not painting the whole way through...

I know this sounds hard to understand, I'll try to clarify if possible

again, i have no trouble with long strokes, i.e. ones that cover more than 10% of the canvas, its just little strokes that are extremely aggravating.

using wacom graphire tablet

any help with this problem would be great, i dont think its performacne of my system (Pentium D 2.8, 2gb ram) so its probably just some setting...i've messed around with the tracking settings a bit but didnt seem to help

thanks!

SafeZone
03-06-2006, 07:34 PM
ok i think i might have figured it out

seems to be an issue related to the artists oils brushes...although I don't see how this makes them more realistic, if I were using a real brush, anywhere I touched the brush would leave paint, there wouldn't be any gaps regardless of how i stroked...

Coward
03-14-2006, 03:51 AM
I have the same problem, very annoying o_o

SafeZone
03-30-2006, 03:24 AM
yea, it seems to only occur with the artists oils brushes, the others behave fine

CGTalk Moderation
03-30-2006, 03:24 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.