PDA

View Full Version : Environnement : Ice cave

Sniv
12-15-2002, 09:12 PM
Hi all, This my first post here....

I have made this pics in 5 Hours with "Sly" (Concept & Design) for the contest " la nuit max"

http://nuitmax.3dvf.net/

Hope you enjoy.....

Sniv
12-15-2002, 09:13 PM
Sly's Design....

InnerVortex
12-15-2002, 09:35 PM
the concept is better, that is not good i think.. well.. is not maybe that fair to question it like this.. but try adding randomness to the snow, the stones etc.. like in the concept

KiboOst
12-15-2002, 09:48 PM
There is problems with your lighting I think. The floor is overlighted, but your light comes from the bih hole in the floor. So your ceiling should be more lighted. Maybe add some diffuse light in the scene, actually it's really sharp.

my 2cent

Kib

ShwayMan
12-15-2002, 11:34 PM
I really like the concept drawing. I think you should make the giant heart-ice-crystal less regular, make it look like it was carved by chipping away at it.

Sniv
12-16-2002, 10:27 PM
Thx for comments, here is new version, this is better ?????

MrPunkin
12-16-2002, 11:41 PM
I would make your FOV wider... and bring the camera down a little more. You really want to feel little in this environment. Looking at the concept I was amazed at how large and vast this cavern must be to have something like that.... and then looking at your picture it looks like someone just took a snapshot from halfway up a midsized cave. The people are much smaller in the concept. Also, maybe offset the camera, having the stairs directly in the middle is sort of poor composition.

Sniv
12-17-2002, 08:27 PM
A litlte update....

MrPunkin
12-23-2002, 10:13 AM
MUCH MUCH more like the concept now. Good job

Nedim_S
12-23-2002, 11:35 AM
The shape of the ice figure in the concept looks like a heart, but in the work it's not easy to identify the heart shape. It's up to the middle heart identation! It should be deeper. Try it.

alaa ahmed
12-23-2002, 12:37 PM
hi man
the frst one is the best
great wark:thumbsup:

Sniv
12-23-2002, 03:31 PM
Hi all, thx for all yours comments, I have no more time for finish it, but if I want to make it better like the concept of Sly, i must rebuilt all the scene. :hmm:

That's all for this pics, originaly made in 5 Hours, for the contest NuitMax XI.

You can find the latest Pics on my site, here :

http://sniv.free.fr/Pics/Galerie3D/13.htm

See you later CGtalkies....... :buttrock:

Slystone
12-24-2002, 12:45 PM
Et voilà collègue jedi, fin d'un mini délire et c'était excellent ;)

Thx people for crits and comments (very helpfull i guess)...was kinda speedy contest and kinda speedy concept héhéhé

Sniv, great job anyway, couldn't have done somethin' better in a 5 hours go and as drunk as u were (nice party?) thx again and let's rock !!!!:buttrock:

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.