PDA

View Full Version : Dwarven Warrior, Twincruiser (2D)

Twincruiser
12-15-2002, 07:34 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/14762/Dwarven_Warrior_large_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/14762/Dwarven_Warrior_large.jpg)

It's been a long time since we posted something. School's over for 2,5 weeks and we've plenty of time now to catch up on our long hiatus

Here's a Dwarven Warrior speedpainting done with Painter 7 and Photoshop 7.

Pencils & Colors by Michel
FX, Textures and Touch-Ups by René

Hope you like the result.

coCoKNIght
12-15-2002, 07:43 PM
I like it a lot, good job! :thumbsup:

RockinAkin
12-15-2002, 08:55 PM
Very nice drawing.
I was i could draw like that.
The color job is fantastic... very good use of colors.

Can you please explain a bit (or if you're up to it, a tutorial) on how you scanned the image, cleaned it up, and especially painted it?

Keep it up,
-DivideByZero-

Franky
12-15-2002, 09:52 PM
Superb work.Now that looks like a real dwarf. By the way,which do you prefer PHS 7 or Painter,if you had to choose inbetween the two?
Very nice .:applause:

Twincruiser
12-16-2002, 06:44 AM
Thanks for the comments y'all

Franky: I like both of them...theye are superb programs and I like em for their different features

raden
12-16-2002, 09:50 AM
Hi Twincruiser,

Cool job there:thumbsup:
I like Michel's character design and I think Rene did a really great job rendering it.:applause:

More!

PS: Could you guys be so kind giving us tut on texturing? I could manage doing that kind of texture with watercolour on paper but I got frustated trying to do it on CG:shrug: Thanks in advance guys:beer:

Twincruiser
12-16-2002, 10:13 AM
Thanks for the kind comments y'all...it's really appreciated.

You can check out our own tutorials at our website. Just see if you find them useful.

-Twincruiser

raden
12-16-2002, 10:19 AM
Cool!

I'll give your site a visit now.

Thanks guys:)

eunuchbot
12-16-2002, 06:41 PM
the hand that's holding the axe is a little funky, besides that damn good!!

yellowworm
12-16-2002, 10:36 PM
really good feeling to him.

right on.

yellowworm
12-16-2002, 10:38 PM
your website really impressed me.

extremely professional style!

Rye
12-16-2002, 10:46 PM
this guy really has a lot of character and even culture. I really like the coloring, but i prefer the sketch just because im a sucker for a good sketch :). The bracers sorta bother me. THey look like perfect shiny cylinders, and dont really match with the ruggedness of the rest of him. The furs are a great touch!

I also looked at your site, but either my internet connection was acting up, or your images need to be optimized cause it was just taking way too long and so i didnthave the patience to sit and wait for it all to load, sorry.

art7sayan
12-17-2002, 03:30 AM
Impressive work again, great team work as always :thumbsup:

But I think you lost a lil' bit of the awesome facial expression and the dynamism that you got on the sketch when you did the color part (but it's a personal point of view of course)...the eyes looks a lot better on the sketch too, much more expresive I think.

But in the over hand, your color is really, really, really impressive (and I guess I'm not the first to say that ^^ )...

ps: By the way, of course if you're not too busy, would you be interested on colorin' a drawin' from me (I will do a new drawin' especially for you in this case)...could be interestin' :D

-Arty-

requiem
12-17-2002, 03:43 AM
Fantastic. great tutorials. your use of blending modes is amazing. i cant believe i never thought of using them that way. thanks. i am now better because of you.

kwshipman
12-17-2002, 05:05 AM
Twincruiser - awesome site, just what i was looking for, I am a newbie that is trying to get the hang of photoshop to color some of my art. deffinatly bookmarking your site for reference.

:beer:

LordEzzat
12-17-2002, 08:15 AM
Wow i love it man ,I wish comics looked like that gives the picture more emotin as well as the story...very nice !!:thumbsup: :applause: :cool:

If you ever want to do some extra stuff for fun I 've got some fantasy pictures you can paint..hehehehe...

Looking Great!!

Per-Anders
12-17-2002, 06:40 PM
great drawing and lovely colouring. the textures are wonderful too :thumbsup:

Flog
12-17-2002, 07:03 PM
Great pic!!! Very nice coloring!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

quinox
12-17-2002, 07:51 PM
you 2 again! Nice to see you here...

like always, great work!:thumbsup:

skyflyer
12-17-2002, 08:08 PM
Really Nice! :buttrock: :thumbsup:

toxichimp
12-17-2002, 08:45 PM
:eek: Friggin amazing! :D

Same goes for the website gallery :thumbsup:

TMortan
12-17-2002, 09:45 PM
Excellent Twincruiser, looking forward to seeing some more things coming weeks.

As eunuchbot pointed out the left hand needs some work. In the sketch the hand is fine because you can make out a thumb but once it’s been colored you lose all trace of fingers. At least for me it kind of distracting.

pigwater
12-17-2002, 09:56 PM
:applause:

i wanted to put a thumbs up but you got so many already

so... :applause:

really nice web site too

Tad
12-17-2002, 11:21 PM
really cool!

thecrow
12-18-2002, 12:23 AM
I looked at your web page... I mean looked hard with an ART DIR eye....
your line weight is great..colors , textures..verything tops!
I like to think of my self as an artist that has been around the block a few times....well my friend...you beat me...I now have a new goal... to be as good as you are...
This makes me think of a story Christopher Shy told me..
He asked if i wanted to konw the secret to being a great artist.. I said he!! ya...
he told me the secret is that....................there is no secret..you just have to draw every day...
best of luck to you
-crow

say-g
12-18-2002, 01:13 AM
thats one kick ass drawf u have there, and one usefull set of tutorials on your site, nice job indeed! but yer the left (his left) hand is abit funky no ?

facial
12-18-2002, 02:27 AM
:thumbsup: Cool drawing.. :D

FloydBishop
12-18-2002, 03:53 AM
:buttrock:

VERY NICE!!!

crazytalk
12-18-2002, 04:04 AM
great drawing, I have had your site booked marked for quite a while and I wish I had half your talent. I was kind of curious about your turn around time on your drawings, about how long does it take you to finish a picture like this.

PsychedelicMind
12-18-2002, 05:05 AM
you gotta be kidding me! This is a speedpaint? :bowdown: :bowdown: I have nothing else to say but Wonderful!!! The whole thing is so :thumbsup: (whoops! Thats another thumbs up! niak niak niak)...

bentllama
12-18-2002, 08:57 AM
Very nice work. I dig your line quality.

...and thanks for giving back to the community with those tutorials.

I will be watching for more of your work. :)

:beer:

lildragon
12-18-2002, 10:56 AM
Know what the funny thing is? I just saw this over at Gfxartist as a top pick! And you come here and you're on the frontpage also :p

Anyhoo awesome work man, I love the colors, very earthy, very dwarve..

You have received the CGtalk choice award. Please feel free to display this image anywhere you like! Congrats again, extremely well done, keep it up!

upon receiving this award, it guarantees you a spot in the cgtalk gallery hall of fame - when it becomes available

http://www.cgtalk.com/plug_award/cgtalk_award_dec_2000_2.jpg

P.S. if you need a different background, please send me a PM with the RGB values.

salud

jeroentje
12-18-2002, 11:40 AM
...and if I am not mistaken, you are the first to receive the award for a 2D piece :)

Hyptosis
12-18-2002, 12:23 PM
How does one get such wonderful textures, like in your bg, that is just eye-popping.

Hyptosis
12-18-2002, 12:31 PM
Nevermind, found the tut! thanks guys. Good read.

fireman
12-18-2002, 11:29 PM
IMHO..... dis pic ROCKS!! :buttrock: :buttrock:

Flakktrooper
12-19-2002, 01:20 PM
I love the drawing. I have been on a dwarf kick lately so that makes me like it even more. I only have one tiney complaint. It seems to be a little dark to see when colored, which may be an effect of the crappy monitors at my college.

M.Rogne
12-19-2002, 05:03 PM
Very nice, his beard seems a bit "stiff" to me though.

mehdianim
07-29-2003, 12:07 PM
Awesome design Makes me want to aniamte him!!!
will someone build a 3d model?:buttrock: :buttrock:

ange_varma
03-01-2005, 07:45 AM
wow! thats excellent.
its amazing to see you guys are still into drawing and still doing quite well.
...i recall enjoying your artwork a few yrs back at other drawing boards
-ange

CGTalk Moderation
03-01-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.