PDA

View Full Version : about squash& stretch

gntnyng
03-06-2006, 11:04 AM
there are 2 simple effect but i dont find the way, can anyone tell me?

1) how do this style Squash and stretch effect in Messiah ?

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f179/gntnyng/Squatch.jpg

2) how messiah do path follow animation?

thanks for any advice..

JoeCosman
03-06-2006, 04:18 PM
two ways

the easiest one is to have a muscle bone and a target to aim at. muscle bones automatically squash and stretch.

the other is to add the x and z channels to this expression: 1/sqrt([Skeleton_Bone_1:zscale])

path follow animation(meaning it lags behind another object at a distance) uses this expression:
if you want to use a frame offset instead of a distance offset, use:
FollowFrame()

-JoeC

gntnyng
03-07-2006, 01:59 AM
JoeCosman, thanks for your reply

your tow solution is usually right work for squash&stretch. but I think I don't say it clearly,

1) I want when Squash it, the box mesial part will bulge; Stretc it, the box mesial part will shink
. like attatched picture showed.

2) eg, I have a motion path curve, I want a box move along this curve , like this style path follow, or other names. and how can i achieve it?

thanks a lot

SilvioToledo
03-13-2006, 04:18 PM
On lightwave, just use endomorphs do get this result!

gntnyng
03-14-2006, 10:46 AM
ohh... yes, it's the simplest way to get effect, thanks for your hit.

isn't it any direct way to get it?

dobermunk
03-14-2006, 11:51 AM
Have you tried the muscle bones or Joe's expression? It doesn't get any easier than that.

Or are you referring to the curves of the objects when squishing?

JoeCosman
03-14-2006, 05:18 PM
I think he's referring to curves.

so.... two ways, again.

first is a morph target. model it squashed, or stretched, and the negative value will give the other result.

second is parent a bone to the root, with a metaEffector defining a weight falloff. use the same expression 1/sqrt([Skeleton_Bone_1:zscale]) and add the second bone's X and Y scale.

the metaEffector will define the curve bulge, and the bone will control the amount of scale.

you can also key this by hand, too.

CGTalk Moderation
03-14-2006, 05:18 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.