PDA

View Full Version : Konkeptione's Fire Plugin

Vizfizz
03-06-2006, 06:39 AM
Just a question for the Igors.

Has there been an update to the Fire plugin? I've been having issues with turning on Multiprocessors. It hangs at 99% of calculating pixels in both the preview mode and when rendering in camera.

EI 6.5r2
OS X 10.3.9
Dual 1ghz G4

I haven't tried it on my G5 lately. Will do that tomorrow at work.

Secondly...will there ever be an update to this plugin that will support an animated fuel source that causes the flames to properly follow the animation? Right now if you animate a burning object the fire remains constantly oriented to the y axis.

Igors
03-06-2006, 10:38 AM
Just a question for the Igors.

Has there been an update to the Fire plugin? I've been having issues with turning on Multiprocessors. It hangs at 99% of calculating pixels in both the preview mode and when rendering in camera.

EI 6.5r2
OS X 10.3.9
Dual 1ghz G4

I haven't tried it on my G5 lately. Will do that tomorrow at work.

Secondly...will there ever be an update to this plugin that will support an animated fuel source that causes the flames to properly follow the animation? Right now if you animate a burning object the fire remains constantly oriented to the y axis.
Hi, Brian

We've not too much good fire news for you. Please send us a screenshot of Fire.plm file info (cmd-I), maybe you are not yet updated to the latest version.

We've no plans to update Fire cause:
- we've no MP Mac (in past we used old Genesis MP 4E)
- we are really busy with other projects (you know some of them :) )

Yes, Fire is "Y-axis only", and, yes, (you forget to add) it has no collisions detection. But it creates a true volumetric fire and imho it's more important than limitations it has

BTW: the plug-in is "MP sheduler", not "multi-threaded", i.e. it organizes MP itself (our host is not multi-threaded). We'll NEVER repeat such experiment/plug-in (it's only for young and too brave who putting their noses anywhere :)).

Vizfizz
03-06-2006, 04:54 PM
Yah.. Fire is a great plugin for stationary fire sources. It still has its place.

I checked out multiprocessing on my G5 and failed faster than my G4. It only rendered 72% of the preview before diving into the spinning beach ball of death, while the G4 made it to 99% before hanging.

Thing is, I can see its utilizing the multiple processors because the calculation time is considerably faster. You guys may not be as "young" anymore, but with the advent of dual and quad proc machines becoming more and more the norm, perhaps a small trip back into the land of the brave may be in order.

Igors
03-06-2006, 05:50 PM
I checked out multiprocessing on my G5 and failed faster than my G4. It only rendered 72% of the preview before diving into the spinning beach ball of death, while the G4 made it to 99% before hanging. Sent you Fire 1.5.2
Thing is, I can see its utilizing the multiple processors because the calculation time is considerably faster. You guys may not be as "young" anymore, but with the advent of dual and quad proc machines becoming more and more the norm, perhaps a small trip back into the land of the brave may be in order.When we were younger our minds were like: "Yes, our host isn't multi-threading (very bad). But why we should rely on host? There is Multi-processing SDK on Apple site, let's go!". Now we are older and our opinion is changed :)

Vizfizz
03-06-2006, 05:59 PM
Well 1.5.2b works. Multiprocessing will now enable and render in both the preview and in Camera. Nicely done.

Vizfizz
03-06-2006, 06:01 PM
I wonder just how many other plugins of mine have new versions out there. Does Konkeptoine have a current "versions" list? I'd be interested to know.

AVTPro
03-31-2006, 10:20 AM
I wonder just how many other plugins of mine have new versions out there. Does Konkeptoine have a current "versions" list? I'd be interested to know.

Good question, I have Smoke, maybe a release before fire. I will use it, but it would be nice to have more samples fire with the lastest version.

tjs61822
03-31-2006, 02:08 PM
Northern Lights has a nice system of grabbing updated plugins. All you have to do is download the latest build from their website and unlock using the password key received when the plugin was originally purchased. The home page has a quick link to the most recent version numbers.

Tim

AVTPro
01-02-2007, 02:22 PM
I don't see a sample section on Konkeptione site for fyreworks. Anybody know where I can DL sample projects?

tjs61822
01-02-2007, 02:36 PM
Is Konkeptoine selling Fyreworks? Here's some previews at TripleDTools but the sample projects has no link.

Tim

AVTPro
01-02-2007, 02:57 PM
OOYYyyy!!! No wonder I couldn't find it on Konk's sites :)

I just need to make it glow.

Vizfizz
01-02-2007, 05:21 PM
What do you need to know Alonzo? Gar and I produced that plugin back when I was working on MIB II.

CGTalk Moderation
01-02-2007, 05:21 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.