PDA

View Full Version : help on separated model

siamakcgm
03-05-2006, 08:05 PM
hi. i'm trying to detail one of the characters i've done before in zbrush. i can divide it till 3,2 milion polys but it's not possible to divide it again because it will goes over 12 milion polys and zbrush can't do that.
so for fixing this problem i found a way to do that but i'm not sure about it please help on this problem. the way is to separate model into several pieces like head , arms and hands,etc.
how can i detail these pieces as i can render disps map in maya without getting have any seem
problems between the places i've separated the model.

i've detailed my character in 3,2 and now i'm ganna separate it after exporting disp the map i did.

i've another problems if anybody can help letme know.

thanks and sorry for bad english

NyneDown
03-06-2006, 04:56 AM
Hey siamak, you're really not achieving anything by hiding the rest of your mesh and dividing various body parts to the extent of having 12million polys. You can achieve really nice results at 2-3 million polys with no problems....my characters turn out looking better inside of Maya after rendering with displacement maps in place then they do in zbrush...go figure. But anway, just unwrap your models inside of Maya or use the GUV or AUV tile features inside of Zbrush. I'd recommend also to up your memory man.

Hope that helps...if not, I'm blaming it on the flu medicine ;)

ryankingslien
03-06-2006, 10:58 PM
Also, consider using the bump viewer material. The models for Underworld were surprising low rez for ZBrush models and used the bump viewer material to paint the bump onto them. Check out the interview at ZBrush.com.

Cheers,

Ryan

CGTalk Moderation
03-06-2006, 10:58 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.