PDA

View Full Version : Blendshapes - Parallel or Default? any diff?

Kinematics
03-05-2006, 06:49 PM
Hey guys i was surfing on cgtalk reading up. came across a post from pod_man recommending ppl to go to this website to look up some other stuff and i came across a blendshapes bit.

heres the link http://www.jawa9000.com/ head for the blendshapes section called (controlling both sides of the face)

there he explains that we shouldnt just use blend shapes with default options but instead use parallel. I ran some facial tests to try to figure out which is more effective....but there isnt any difference...my default facial seems to be able tto blend between all of the other blends. Whats going on?? any ideas?
thanks in advance

Dichotomy
03-05-2006, 11:24 PM
the difference between default and parrallel is that parrallel combines the blends together, while default sets up an almost hierarchy for the blends, with the higher ones overwriting the lower ones. So if I had a leftEyeBrowUpBlend and a rightEyeBrowUpBlend, and I use parrallel, I will be able to do both the left and right brows up at the same time. With default, the one I create second will overwrite the first one, ie. If I made the left brow and then the right, when I set left brow to 1 the left brow will go up, then when I set the right brow to 1, the left brow will go down because on the rightBrowUpBlend the left brow is down, and there is no blending between the two... (clear as mud?).
for face setups, I would always use parrallel (in fact I always us parrallel for anything).

underearth
08-10-2006, 06:30 PM
all i was able to figure out is thatfinal blend it creates works with objects current input history and any other deformer.. in parallel way.. unlike default.. which will first zero out the effect and then apply blendshape.... correct me if ia m wrong.. i too am looking 4 exact.. with example solution...and i find both the blendshape left or right works with default blend too..

CGTalk Moderation
08-10-2006, 06:30 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.