PDA

View Full Version : EIAS Renames Uber-shapes

Giacomo_M
03-04-2006, 10:26 PM
Hello-

EIAS seems to be renaming any Ubershapes in the project file to their defaults (i.e, "Plane.) I can't say for sure when it happens, other than "when I'm not looking."

Is there any way to stop this from happening? Please advise.

GM

halfworld
03-04-2006, 10:33 PM
Aye,

Inside the Ubershape interface there is a checkbox in the top right called "Auto name" just uncheck it and hey presto, you can rename Ubers :)
Ian

NorthernLights
03-06-2006, 02:15 PM
There are two reasons why this would happen. First, for newly added UberShapes, the plugin renames the group to whatever the shape type is so you know what it was you created. You can turn this off in the interface though. The second reason would be if you're trying to open an old project that used an old version of Ubershape and something about the parameters didn't match up. In this case then, the plugin reverts to the default settings. The plugin is supposed to try to update the settings but it might not always be able to do this.

Giacomo_M
03-06-2006, 02:43 PM
There are two reasons why this would happen. First, for newly added UberShapes, the plugin renames the group to whatever the shape type is so you know what it was you created. You can turn this off in the interface though.

Blair-

Yes, that took care of it. There are a lot of "hidden features" that I haven't been aware of all these years.

GM

CGTalk Moderation
03-06-2006, 02:43 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.