PDA

View Full Version : Export Animation to VRML (or X3D)?

comanche
03-04-2006, 05:35 PM
Hi all,

quite a while I'm looking for a solution to export animation data to VRML. Especially vertex animation.

I own Cinema 4D 8 (which supports VRML export including transformation animation, but no vertex animation) and XSI 5 (no direct VRML export capabilities). So I looked into Deep Exploration. It supports the dotXSI format including transformation and shape animation, which is really great. So at first it seemed to solve my problems, but unfortunately it's VRML export doesn't support any kind of animation.

3DS Max does export vertex animation, but it is way too expensive to purchase a licence just to get vertex animation data out of the 3D application right into VRML or X3D.

Could someone tell me if Maya can export vertex animation to VRML (PLE does not, of course)? Or any other 3D package? I'm looking for a solution to get translation, rotation AND vertex animation into WireFusion (which is a great tool) to create realtime 3D presentations for the web.

Help is much appreciated.

Best regards,
Andreas

PS: I also downloaded the latest Blender release. But I did not succeed with vertex animation export into VRML.

jfelrod1960
03-13-2006, 09:41 PM
http://rawkee.sourceforge.net/

comanche
03-18-2006, 03:44 PM
http://rawkee.sourceforge.net/

Thanks, Jeffrey, I'll have a look ...

stalkeron
02-11-2007, 09:07 AM
Hi,

I'm trying to export vertex animation from maya to max. tried .fbx .rh .vrlm, some have a checkbox for vertex animation, all seems possible but i can't get it to work. I can't even export simple animation like deforming a sphere with a lattice or moving a vertex around.

What am I doing wrong? any advice? I don't want to export via a geometry cache into max, just the basic animation. It seems that if I keyframe cvs i just cant export their xyz transform animation...

thanks, your help would be appreciated

stalkeron
Hi,

I'm trying to export vertex animation from maya to max. tried .fbx .rh .vrlm, some have a checkbox for vertex animation, all seems possible but i can't get it to work. I can't even export simple animation like deforming a sphere with a lattice or moving a vertex around.

What am I doing wrong? any advice? I don't want to export via a geometry cache into max, just the basic animation. It seems that if I keyframe cvs i just cant export their xyz transform animation...

thanks, your help would be appreciated

CGTalk Moderation
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.