PDA

View Full Version : what do you think about these . . .

samoel
03-04-2006, 05:14 PM
i began work vue 5 infiniti and after 5 min i created these lands . but i waited 3 hours for rendering .this software is very good for help you that you create sky , land , tree and . . .

http://www.animationnewport.co.uk/phpBB2/files/landcgtalk.jpg

WillBellJr
03-04-2006, 08:31 PM
Very beautiful and realistic - nice job!

I guess when you're "playing GOD" and creating such beautiful life(-like images), 3 hours in the grand scheme of things isn't too bad! :D

Besides, how long would that have taken to actually grow!

-Will

mdunakin
03-04-2006, 09:37 PM
That's awesome!
But was there a reason it took 3 hours to render?
That seems a bit too long for that size of an image, to me.
Is it because you are using Radiosity or something like that?
Is there a better way to light the scene so it still looks as good,
but without the long render times?
Or do you have any of these kinds of answers? :)

Anyway, really looks nice.
Sorry to hear about the long render time though.
What system are you running that on?
Can you post up some specs?

thanx........md :)

samoel
03-04-2006, 09:59 PM
many thx for your answer dude
i don know anything about this software cause i bought yesterday but i think i can use this software esaily cause im 3d animator and i work maya for 3 years . anyway my pc is :

ram : 2 gig
cpu : 3500+ 939 pin gigabyte
graphic card : 128 mg 256 bit gigabyte

i have many problem with this pc cause i cant render my professionals samples and im so sad now but no problem . . .

samoel
03-05-2006, 12:47 AM
i created this rock on 10 min but unfurtuently i waited 3 hours for rendering i think cause i used about 400000 polygon in this work but i think you enjoy if you see . please remmebr this work is for amator user ;)
please tell me what do you imaging . . .

mdunakin
03-05-2006, 01:19 AM
Say, can you please post up that last scene, since it
looks like they are just standard objects that come with Vue?
I mean, I just want to see why it's taking you soooo long to render these out?
Those render times are just toooo long.
I want to see what your settings are and if I can find a better render time settings for you?

OK?

Thanx.................md :)

samoel
03-05-2006, 04:44 AM
i dont understand taht what do you want of me ? you need my orginal file of vue or 1 pic from last scene .

please tell me . im ready to do that you want .

thx dude

davezak
03-05-2006, 04:58 AM
incredable program/use of the program!
vue 5 infiniti eh....

realistic possibilites to fool the best of them.

thx for sharing.

mdunakin
03-05-2006, 05:31 AM
Just the last scene files that you used to make that image with.

I don't want your main scene, unless you don't mind sending it, as that's a really nice scene.
I wouldn't use it for anything though, I just want to do some test renders on them to see what my own render times would be, because your render times seem too long to me, but maybe not?
3 hours?
Is that how long your renders are taking to render?
Anyway, I just want to do my own test renders on the same scenes you just made.

If you can Zip them up and post them for me/us then that would be great :)

Thanx, and keep up the great work, you are off to an awesome start!

..............md :)

LuciaK
03-05-2006, 01:00 PM
It looks like you are using GI (Global Illumination) for that render, samoel. If so, that's why it's taking so long. Try one of the standard atmospheres that come with Vue, not GI or Radiosity, and you'll see your render times drop. You can achieve some good lighting if you fool around with the sliders and colors in the "Light" tab of the atmosphere editor.

samoel
03-05-2006, 02:12 PM
thx md
unfurtuently i create this scene only for test and i didnt save this scene:bounce: but dosen matter cuase i like this software and i creat again another file . im so happy cuase here i found best friend that they help me to how can i use this software . anyway dear md how can i send this file to you please tell me and i do it .

samoel
03-05-2006, 02:25 PM
dear md

woulde you please tell me about your pc ?

i will back soon by new work :twisted:

mwalter1
03-05-2006, 10:14 PM
Vue 5 Infinite has many render settings and atmosphere setting that effect the render times. If you set the atmosphere to GI and select the max render settings, then even a simple scene with a tree and a rock will take a LONG time to render.

For starting out - use the standard atmosphere settings and try different setting for renders. I have found that Global Ambience works almost as nice as the Global Illumination and renders much quicker. So far I have not used Global Radiosity (and only would use it for indoor renders, not for landscapes). You can also set the quality boost to -1 to help speed up the render. For render setting, I never go above Final - use the User Settings instead. The user settings let you adjust everything - as each picture is different, so are the render settings needed.

You are off to a great start - happy rendering!

Peggy

mdunakin
03-05-2006, 11:00 PM
Just as LuciaK and mwalter1 say, these are good tips for render settings and render times.

Also, here's my system specs:
RAIDMAX Astro ATX-268 Black CASE (I love this case)
Thermaltake 680w Power supply
ASUS A8N-SLI Premium
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ Toledo 1GHz FSB 2 x 1MB L2
OCZ 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 Platinum
XFX PVT45GUDF3 Geforce 6800GT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16
Maxtor DiamondMax 10 6L120M0 120GB, 150GB, 250GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache SATA HD
Plus a couple of LiteOn DVD RW DL 16x Drives.
XP Pro (32bit not the 64bit version, not enough things work with it yet)
BIOS Build 1011.004
Wacom3 6x8

..................................md :)

samoel
03-05-2006, 11:45 PM
good for you md :thumbsup:

im so tired cause i created a new sample but i cant render this sample . i don knoe what should i do now . i hate my pc i cant do anything this is very bad when you can creat everything but you cant render your work . anyway i have to wait for rendering

samoel
03-05-2006, 11:51 PM
Vue 5 Infinite has many render settings and atmosphere setting that effect the render times. If you set the atmosphere to GI and select the max render settings, then even a simple scene with a tree and a rock will take a LONG time to render.

For starting out - use the standard atmosphere settings and try different setting for renders. I have found that Global Ambience works almost as nice as the Global Illumination and renders much quicker. So far I have not used Global Radiosity (and only would use it for indoor renders, not for landscapes). You can also set the quality boost to -1 to help speed up the render. For render setting, I never go above Final - use the User Settings instead. The user settings let you adjust everything - as each picture is different, so are the render settings needed.

You are off to a great start - happy rendering!

Peggy

thx peggy
your way helped me cuase i us gi atmosphere and i had to wait about 22 hours but i changed standard atmosphere and now i have to wait 1 hour .
in this work i use about 600000 polygon .

oh peggy do you know wnything about g-buffer or multypass ? these elements are importanmt for rendering and time rendering ?

samoel
03-06-2006, 12:41 AM
i couldent render my work .unfortuently . i have problem with my pc . i will try to render tomorrow .

samoel
03-06-2006, 01:03 AM
ok
dear md this file is for my last work that i have problem for rendering would you please see this file and tell me what should i do ?

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6YJ0V1ZV

many thx:thumbsup:

mdunakin
03-06-2006, 01:16 AM
OK, Sam, I just downloaded it and will check it out pretty soon.

I'm in the middle of another program at the moment (Poser) and need to finish that up first.
But I'll test this scene out in just a little bit here as I need a break for a while from Poser.
I've been learning it most of the day and trying to make my own face on a figure.
A lot of work, I can say, but I'm about at a good stopping point, as most of
the hard work is done, which is setting up the fotos in Photoshop.

Anyway, I should be able to check it out just as soon
as I figure out how to save my work in Poser that I just made LOL

I'll be back in just a little bit........md :)

samoel
03-06-2006, 01:26 AM
many thx dude . if you need my help about 3d model please only say . im ready to help you if you want sam

samoel
03-06-2006, 01:46 AM
unfortuently finlaly i have to rendering with out atmosphere with low resolution but that's ok cuase these are only practise . i cant create model in maya and export to vue cause now im so busy ,i have a lot of project for this semester . but after 1 month i will be free and i want to work seriously maya with vue

samoel
03-06-2006, 02:06 AM
i don like this render what do you think ?:shrug:
http://www.animationnewport.co.uk/phpBB2/files/02_190.jpg

mdunakin
03-06-2006, 02:21 AM
OK, I just now loaded up your scene into Vue and will run some test on it.
Personally, I like your very first scene THEEE best! :)
That scene was truely nice work, especially considering you just started :)

On this current scene, did you set up all those lights?
Did you set them up from looking at another scene?
Or exactly why do you have several lights, like under the water and such?

I will play around with it a bit right now anyway.

I had to stop with Poser, I just couldn't figure out how or what to save for
my Face Room creation and needed to start over anyway,
as Poser seems to ONLY have ONE UNDO! level!
I'm not sure why they don't let you set the amount of undos?
but only one Undo sucks big time.
Once you ruin something, you are basically screwed and can't get back to
your starting situation without completely starting over from scratch,
at least that's how it looks to me.
Umm.. anyway, getting OT here, so let me
get back to your Vue scene and mess around.

At least I know how to work with Vue LOL :)

.............md :)

mdunakin
03-06-2006, 02:41 AM
BTW, DO NOT use DOF in your test renders untill your are completely ready
to do a final rendering, and even then, do some small rez tests renders first.
And really, unless you truely NEED to use the DOF (which looks a little better then in post work)
then you are better to save out the Z Buffer Channel and just load that into PS and do your DOF there.
Ten zillion times faster, I can tell you for sure, because I've tried both methods :)

I just unchecked that right now from your user settings.
And really, for most things, unless you are trying for a specialized look and know
the program really good, you can for the most part, just get away with the default
settings of Broadcast or even Final, which is OK, but also leaves a few sparkles
of dots in your scene, where as Broadcast or Superior will give you a cleaner look.

For my own finals, I always use Ultra, but I wouldn't if I were making an animation.
In an animation you can get away with a lot less quality and with a little trickery
you can fake most things into looking clean and smooth without those little sparkle dots
that can some times occure with the lower rezolution settings and also with Procedurals.

So, inotherwords, for now, for learning the program and just practicing, I would just use
the basic defaults to learn the scene creation aspects and then when you get a scene
that you really like and want to make a decent rendering and also want to experiment
with other (or possibly, better) render settings, then you could go ahead and try out
some of those User Settings to see what they do, but of course, keep in mind
to only do those test with small sized images first :)

Hope this helps?

I'll mess around right now though with your scene just to see what it'll look like?

Oh, also, I just noticed something else that can crank up render times AND memory greatly,
and that is, that you have placed lots and lots of plant objects and rocks and such manually
in the scene and this can really eat up memory as well as add to render times.
I guess you maybe might of needed to place them in specific spots in your scene, but when
ever possible, try your best to use the Eco System instead, as it will let you make what they
call, Instances, which use only one object to make tons of objects from in the scene.

................md :)

mdunakin
03-06-2006, 07:58 AM
The water is deffinately the killer in this scene, that's for sure LOL
As soon as my rendering process got pass the water level,
it blazed right along and was done in a few minutes.

But, my render took 45minutes to finish.
Was about three times that long though with the settings that you started with.
I never let it finish, cuz I got bored from waiting LOL :)

Anyway, I um, changed your scene to suit my own colors, but it's basically the same.
I added some mountains in the background too.

http://www.md-arts.com/01.jpg
I think that most of the problems were from the water trying to reflect
soooo many leaves from the trees and the plants around in and near the water.

I wanted to save the scene out, but for some reason, it wouldn't let me?
I think I could of made the lighting better if I would of spent more time with it.
Like I think it could of been a bit darker in the shade and stuff like that.
If I could of saved it out, then I could of tried out some other tests.

So, it's lost............md :)

samoel
03-06-2006, 10:55 AM
hi md
good morning sir
many thx for your time . i have classes now and i have to go but after class i will back and talk about my new work :bounce:

mdunakin
03-06-2006, 09:05 PM
1h10m16s for this version.
This was your basic scene, where I didn't change anything, except I got rid of the
two Spot Lights, as they didn't do anything for the scene and I change the Atmosphere
to Standard and adjusted the lighting settings slightly to try and make it match the original scene.
http://www.md-arts.com/01a.jpg

I got up early this morning to try a rendering with the Illumination settings and 4 hours
later it was barely doing anything so I stopped it and decided not to finish the render.
It said it still needed 39 hours more, which isn't nessisarily true, it probably needed
about 6 more hours, but I don't feel like waiting around for it.
Image sizes rendered or tested were done in 640x480.

I found the two main things (after several tests and experimenting) that were
causing the most render time lengths, were the Illumination first, and the water
itself was the other main problem, in fact the water probably was mostly the problems.
Water with it's reflecting and refractions and transperancy, all add up to major render
times, but something else I found out that changes the render times was the size of
bump on the water material itself.
The smaller the bump, the longer the render times.

Anyway, I'm basically done with experimention with this :)

I hope you got a few things out of this though?

Keep posting your work up when you get more.

......................md :)

samoel
03-07-2006, 04:19 PM
many thx dear md for your time . unfurtuently im so busy now after tomorrow i will come bake and talk about my new work

see you latter

samoel
03-13-2006, 09:14 AM
hi all
i come back with new work . but i diden have enough time for work more on this sample. i did in maya and zbrash on 20 min and waitinh for rendering about 3 hours .

http://www.animationnewport.co.uk/phpBB2/files/01_940.jpg

samoel
03-13-2006, 09:28 AM
i like this software so much :thumbsup: cause vue very useful for renering and i don need time for creat a lot of ligtt and more in maya for rendering now

concorddawn
03-13-2006, 12:51 PM
Hey guys i use vue for nearly all my renders now, alot less fiddling than maya.

You can see my work here (www.angelfire.com/plant/3d/cg_album)

Cheers

Let me know what u think

samoel
03-13-2006, 05:05 PM
Hey guys i use vue for nearly all my renders now, alot less fiddling than maya.

You can see my work here (http://www.angelfire.com/plant/3d/cg_album)

Cheers

Let me know what u think
i coulden see your work . please check your link again . thx

mdunakin
03-13-2006, 07:20 PM
Didn't work for me either.

Please repost correct link :)

thanx...............md :)

mdunakin
03-13-2006, 08:21 PM
That turned out nice.

That was rendered in Vue?
I guess I haven't gotten that far yet, with reguards to doing glass and such like that.
I'll have to try that some age, but right now I'm busy working out my own troubles with
deciding exactly how I want to go about importing my train objects and texturing them and
all that so they will work more compfortably for all people and for both Poser, LW, and Vue alike.
And for that matter, it would be nice if I can get the objects clean enough to work in anyone's software.
Lots more work then maybe I had thought it might be, but then again, I sort of expected this.
What I mean is, my train objects are way tooo detailed, and obviously, if I can keep
that detailed look, but without all the polygons, then that would be great.
Less mess makes for better conversions.
I will be selling these soon, so I really need to get them right the first time around.

I'm also working on a theory (haven't tested it out yet) to get accurate measurements
of terrain so that all people will have to do is load in my objects and they will know what
size the mesh is in relation to the objects, since as it stands right now, there apparently
is NO set method for measurements in Vue, which NEEEDS! to change.

But, that's another story, LOL

Anyway, looks like you are really starting to enjoy Vue and
having FUN is THEEE best thing in Vue, more then anything else :)

...............md :)
Very, VERY, early test of my steam train engine,
(not textured yet, or polygon reduced, or even finished being modled LOL):
http://www.md-arts.com/Vue/_dttw_engine_01.jpg

samoel
03-13-2006, 10:23 PM
i don have enough time for work hard with vue but i know a lot of thing about this software now . about material , lighting ,atmosphere . . .
i need a little time for practise anyway .
dear md i saw your train and i like it but i think you should change the train material .

bye for now

mdunakin
03-14-2006, 12:42 AM
Thanx, but like I say, it's "not" even textured yet :)

That's not the real color, just one version of a color.
The "real" engine is grey and white.
The real engine (which I'm modeling it from an actual foto) looks more like this, bellow,
which ALSO isn't actually textured yet, just LW basic texturing, but no real mapping
with UV maps or anything like dirtying it up and all that, that I will be adding to it.

Here's the better version of what it will look like when it is finished and more closely
matches the real engine, though the foto (which looks like crap) is in Black and White
and really, really old (and really small) and I'm having to model the thing from
a semi-blue-print from a model railroading magazine diagram.
(and before you ask, yes, I've searched the internet for several years looking for better info)

And also, steam trains (engines included), WERE made in those greenish colors back then, as well
as lots of others, such as black/red/silver/grey/olive-green/whites/ and combinations of all of these.
Including ones with all wooden cabs and other parts all made up of wood.
I've actually done my research on this stuff for several years, especially since I can't
FIND ANY anywhere that shows close ups, which is the MAIN reason I haven't finished
this train until now, as I've decided to just fake it and guess my way for the rest of it LOL

But, like I say, this was just a test to see how it would look in Vue, and nothing more.
It is deffinately NOT a real rendering, not at all LOL

I just wanted to know what I was going to be up against and what I might have to do to
make this all work (keyword here) "correctly" in Vue, as well as I want it to work with Poser.
And of course, the program I'm creating it in, LW :)

I'm even thinking about selling a version that is all animated, but I'll worry about that later.

Anyway, now you are up to date and know the scoop :)
Just keep in mind, that NONE of these images so far
have been textured, other then to color them.
Even the Passenger Car is only slightly textured,
but nowhere near what the final will look like.

http://www.md-arts.com/EngineColor_RedGrey_800_2.jpg
http://www.md-arts.com/PassCar_v20_GrassScene_C4_800_01.jpg

EDIT: and these are what I'm working from LOL:
http://www.md-arts.com/SteamEngine_pt1_01.jpg
http://www.md-arts.com/308steam.jpg
And how it looks trying to model over the drawing:
http://www.md-arts.com/SteamEngine_ScreenShot_pt1_01.jpg
As you can see, there isn't much to work from, so I have to fake a lot of
things and just hope that it works out and no one will probably notice
when it's all finished, as long as it looks like a steam engine :)
I hope LOL
Like, I have no real clue what the springs look like or how they are mounted?
Or how the wheels, like the front wheels, are connected to the engine and mounted?
Or all that rigging and hoses, some of which (most of which) aren't even shown in the drawing.
And check out this ugly looking thing LOL
Green and Red and Grey too!
http://www.md-arts.com/20030928_Su252_95a.jpg
But, hey, it's still an awesome steam train, so I still love it for what it is anyway :)

.............md :)

concorddawn
03-14-2006, 04:16 AM
Sorry Guys here is the link that works!

My Work (www.angelfire.com/planet/3d/cg_album)

Let me know what u think

Cheers

JuanManuel
03-14-2006, 03:21 PM
Very nice work! I like the rocky shore best

mdunakin
03-14-2006, 08:20 PM
That's classic, Juan, cuz that's the same one I like best too :)

Totally looks like a real place you'd want to be at.

................md :)

concorddawn
03-14-2006, 11:23 PM
Thanx Guys,

Yeah that scene makes me want to go swimming lol

Cheers for your comments!

CGTalk Moderation
03-14-2006, 11:23 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.