PDA

View Full Version : Dielectric glass and liquid problem

ivanGQ
03-04-2006, 02:38 PM
Hi all,

Right, been bashing my brains out late last night, and cant sort out this problem on the attached image. I seems like bubbles, but they are not, and threw the animation, they are static. The glass is a dielectric shader( glass physic actually), with light persictance of 30, ior 1.5. Liquid is same, only ior 1.333. Why do I get this?

I tried to use raytrace for fluid (dielec for glass), but no result. Use raytrace for glass (dielec for fluid), no. Tweeked the liquids ior out and other col parameter (dont have max here now) to make it a dielectric-dielectric interface (reading book rendering with mental ray). As the mesh is generated by realflow 3, mabe the mesh normals are not good, so i swich ignore normals. Nothing. They fade a bit away is when i use max sampling 128 and use contrast on red to 0.001. Takes ages, so i am hope this is not the only solution, as I need the animation done with this.

Wow, that is the longest question I have ever typed..well, hope some one can help, many thanks...

Ivan

JohnnyRandom
03-04-2006, 04:42 PM
I had the same problems (although it was a still and not an animation). So I am not sure how you could fix it.

The geometry of my glass was interfering with the liquid. By that I mean the glass was complete even where the liquid met the inside of the glass. Upon removal of the geometry inside of the glass where there was contact with the liquid the problem with the render went away.

Like I said I am not sure how you could fix this with animated liquid bit something to ponder.

ivanGQ
03-06-2006, 02:09 PM
Thanks for reply mate, but, ye that solution is not possible for me. Am using Vray, and dont get this problem, but I like mental Ray more, and I really think there should be a way around this, can any one please help...cheers

CGTalk Moderation
03-06-2006, 02:09 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.