PDA

View Full Version : IK2D Direction

ossosso
03-04-2006, 11:32 AM
I'm trying to setup a IK2D for an arm. All seems right, only the direction of the elbow is wrong, it comes forward and not behind, when I use Inverse Kinematics uner "Animation Tab" all I've to do is to clicck on the "-" button, but under the "Command tab"? for the IK2d variable? How have I to do?

Thanks!

ByeZ!

Lino Grandi
03-04-2006, 03:52 PM
In Animate Mode, under Inverse Kinematics tab, you can find "Direction" option for the selected bone. Try to select "-" or "+" to change the rotational direction.

Hope it helps.

FB_Turbine
03-06-2006, 11:55 AM
The fourth parameter is the alignment switch, the same as + or - in the animate tab.

IK2D (root, end_effector, goal, alignment, switch );

So if you have a 1 for alignment right now change it to 0 or vise-versa.

Lino Grandi
03-06-2006, 12:15 PM
The fourth parameter is the alignment switch, the same as + or - in the animate tab.

IK2D (root, end_effector, goal, alignment, switch );

So if you have a 1 for alignment right now change it to 0 or vise-versa.

Alignment in the Expression is different from Direction, and does a different thing.

FB_Turbine
03-07-2006, 08:02 PM
Oops, either wasn't thinking or wasn't paying attention.

Just press the (+,-) in the animate tab. Whether you've setup IK in the animate tab or as an expression in the Command tab, you use the same (+,-) control in the IK tab in the Animate section.

CGTalk Moderation
03-07-2006, 08:02 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.