PDA

View Full Version : Lighting Challange #2: Royter

royter
03-04-2006, 04:13 AM
hello every body. Here's my version of script2. I used MR in maya 6.
Here is what i wanted my scene to look like. I used Gi and maya fog light.
But i couldn't render the scene after some tweeking, i got the error message :

warn : maya_state(): Called on an unexpected ray.
all my objects have shaders assigned to them, belonging to shading groups.
there is no shading groups with no shaders attached to them.

i guess it had something to do with MR understanding the maya fog light.
http://www.aedii.qc.ca/v2/fichiers/uploads/section_4/test_2.jpg

Too bad...so i deleted fog light and started something else. Here is my scene with one spot light and 2 incadescent planes (gi+fg). I regret the fact that FG always bleaches the intresting highlights and dark zones generated by GI.
http://www.aedii.qc.ca/v2/fichiers/uploads/section_4/test_10.jpg

niEt0
03-04-2006, 11:04 AM
Hi there, good picture in general!.. but take care of the light, main illumination is comming from the ceiling of the kichen, and light comming through the window is quite poor, so the whole image is a bit flat.

royter
03-04-2006, 03:50 PM
so you are suggesting same power for the direct illumination but LESS for the indirect illumination?

kary
03-04-2006, 08:13 PM
I believe he's speaking to the fact that exterior light almost always overwhelms interior lights.

jeremybirn
03-05-2006, 03:34 PM
Good start, but like niEt0 said, it looks very flat. Look at an area like the back of the chair, how you can't really see a difference in the shading between one direction surface and another, it's all flattened out to the same tone instead of defining the forms and directions with different tones and gradients. Really focus on contrast, shadows, occlusion, whatever it takes to fix that.

-jeremy

CGTalk Moderation
03-05-2006, 03:34 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.