PDA

View Full Version : exporting and importing

Night Hawk
03-04-2006, 02:09 AM
i modeled an organic model which i wanted to import it from maya to zbrush but i find that the valid extensions for importing my models to zbrush obj and dxf while i cant find those two extensions in maya, im a beginner in zbrush so help is appreciated.

eblondin
03-04-2006, 03:49 AM
in maya

window - settings/preferences - plug-in manager - there is an “objExport.mll” you need to turn on, after you turn it on it will be available as a export, import type.

When you import obj's back into maya make sure you set the create multiple objects to false under the obj import option in maya.

also in zbrush under preferences - import/export you will want to turn on flip x and flip z on import and export so your mesh will come in and out right side up.

Also when you export obj's out of zbrush you want to make sure that the MRG button is turned on under tool - export, and the GRP button is turned off, these are the options to weld your uvs.

Andreseloy
03-04-2006, 06:40 PM
This pipeline Maya tutorial will help...
Andreseloy

Night Hawk
03-05-2006, 03:53 PM
This pipeline Maya tutorial will help...
AndreseloyAnd where can i find that page ???

Andreseloy
03-05-2006, 04:24 PM
http://pixologic.com/zbrush/class/zpipeline.html
Thanks......................................................
Andreseloy

CGTalk Moderation
03-05-2006, 04:24 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.