PDA

View Full Version : accesory rig question please help

BakerCo
03-03-2006, 11:45 PM
I am trying to rig a character for a game using max 7 and I have accesories on the characters waist. For example bullet pouches, water cantene, etc. and I would like to know is there a way and how could I rig them to be dynamic. Again for example have them rigged so i could animate the run/walk etc and the pouches would respond to the impact of the body in a bobbing fashion. I hope this makes since and of course thanks in advance for all of your help.

Lost...

BakerCo
03-04-2006, 04:16 PM
I am sure at least one of you all knows how or if it is possible. :)

side note and add on to my question.

Is there a way to save animations out and reuse them with your rig on a seperate character other than with character studio. Of course the reason being I would not have to animate six walk cycles for six different characters I could simply reuse the animation and change it a little for each character type.

thanks for the help

Lost...

joconnell
03-04-2006, 04:28 PM
You could try using simcloth or cloth dynamics for the bullet belts and pouches. The flex modifier might work for some of them too. If you look into attachment controllers too the allow you to tie an object onto a vertex of a mesh as if it was parented on.

eek
03-06-2006, 09:32 PM
Yes dynamic bones can be done, the key to remeber is every thing gets exported as rotational offset at then end. So you gunna have to bake or read the bone at export. Mixtures of flex, havok, cloth, constraints even a scripted method could work. I did some for my last place basically we had to do fat. It was a mixture of constraints. Remeber also if its for movements it'll need to loop.

BakerCo
03-07-2006, 03:33 AM
Yes dynamic bones can be done, the key to remeber is every thing gets exported as rotational offset at then end. So you gunna have to bake or read the bone at export. Mixtures of flex, havok, cloth, constraints even a scripted method could work. I did some for my last place basically we had to do fat. It was a mixture of constraints. Remeber also if its for movements it'll need to loop.

sweet I was hoping you would reply :D. Do you have any suggestions on how to go about setting up the bones for this as I have never attempted anything like this before.

thaks again

Lost...

CGTalk Moderation
03-07-2006, 03:33 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.