PDA

View Full Version : Blendshapes going against me! :HELP:

Kinematics
03-03-2006, 06:37 PM
Hey guys, blendshapes are proving to be a problem once again. I did a search for help but i couldnt find the answer. Please do help me out if u can :)

Basically I have a model totally done. finished. the UVs have been laid out. the textures have been made. the rigs has been setup and the skin weights have been painted. I'm at the final bit which is to add blendshapes to give him facial expressions.

I've made about 9 facial expressions but i didnt do it by just seperating the head. instead i just duplicated the entire mesh nine times as im pressed for time, and made 9 required blendshapes. Following this i just selected all the blendshapes and proceeded to bind....at first glance...i thought everything worked but it isnt so. apparently. if the blendshape nodes envelope is set at 1. the facial expressions work but my geometry isnt following the bones correctly anymore. the head gets squased and pulled. Why is this so? any clue?

Its really urgent...3 week school assignment with a team of 4 ppl that are learning the ropes so unfortunately the person who handed this guy to me had it smoothed at 1 level. before i duplicated for the blendshapes. I switched the smooth from 1 - 0. and proceeded from there.

Is that the issue? im really vexed and im tired...been working on this for like 3 weeks non stop. sure will post stuff to show when its compleete though :D

thanks in advance

Kinematics
03-03-2006, 07:24 PM
Hey guys, i seem to have fixed the problem by right clicking and going to inputs to rearrange the blendshape node. But that apparently wasnt the only problem. apparently...somehow when i duplicated my character...his damned knees were a few degrees open for some reason.

So now when i do blendshapes...his face changes expression while his legs kinda slowly opens up...is there a way i can salvage the situation...perhaps by somehow transferring the vertice coordinates of the legs by selecting the appropriate vertices and applying its coordinates to the blendshape ones???

please help me...im tired and falling apart....the rest of the team aswell. haha their all either dying from painting weights or otherstuff

Dichotomy
03-03-2006, 10:07 PM
if you select the blendShape itself and go to deform/edit membership, you can deselect any of the verts that you dont want to move on the original model (cntrl select) and then the blend shape won't affect them, so if you take the knees out, the fact that they were a little off on the blend won't matter.

Kinematics
03-04-2006, 12:01 AM
hey dichotomy... thank you soooo much for the help. i was really feeling like this :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: but now i feel like this :bounce: :applause: :bounce: hahaha thank you very very much.

first time my teams doing rigging modeling and everything else in the world before like 3 -4 simple assignments prior to this. So much to learn. Reading up about MRAY now :( im sooo tiredd

thanks man so much

CGTalk Moderation
03-04-2006, 12:01 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.